I want to be a vegetarian,but I cant give up haribo?

i really really LOVE haribo jelly sweets so so much they are like all i eat apart from fruit and veggies and meat and i really cant give them up but they have gelatine in them do i have to give up gelatine as well as meat?

Favorite Answer

to be honest if that is the only thing stopping you from eating meat, please do not let it hold you back - start eating a vegetarian diet but if you have to keep eating the haribo's then by all means do it - you will be making a vast difference by making that great initial step.

Once you are comfortable living a vegetarian lifestyle you can tackle the little things like gelatine and other trace animal ingredients.

It's not a biggie

Try www.veggieboards.com for more help and advice

good luck

Veggie Haribo

• Andy D

Good news, some Haribo goods are Veggie, made without gelatine.

There is a list in the source of some that you can buy online but I am sure you can find them in the shops too. Just pick up those haribo bags and check what they say

HI there.

Gelatine might make those sweets chewy and they seem kind of innocent and fun, but gelatine is a pretty vile substance when you look how its made:

"Gelatin is a protein produced by partial hydrolysis of collagen extracted from the bones, connective tissues organs, and some intestines of animals such as domesticated cattle, pigs, and horses."

[Wikipedia]

So no it is not suitable for vegetarians, not by definition but also if you have an ethical reason for wanting to be vegetarian (not just to be cool/lose weighgt/etc) then you will not want to eat gelatine.

HOWEVER - there are plenty of vegetarian alternatives available - even vegan organic cola bottles! http://www.VeggieStuff.com in the UK even has Vegetarian Haribo which are also Halal and Kosher.

So no more excuses ok! :-)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): vegetarian give haribo: https://shortly.im/G16Pw
  • sarah

You can't, or you just don't want to? I'm pretty sure you can find jelly like candies made without gelatin. Replace old habits with new ones; find another type of candy you like.

Not all vegetarians give up all animal sourced things, I was a vegetarian but gelatin was the one non vegetarian thing I ate its still making a big difference, and the parts they make gelatin out of are just leftovers that would be wasted had they not done something with them, a lot of vegetarians totally forget about gelatin and Haribo gummy colas are my favorite! I love gummies of all kinds actually.

Get recipes, experiment and make your own. There exists a big variety of substances which are vegan and which have the same properties as gelatin: Cellulose (Amid), Agar-Agar, Biobin, Guar, Xanthan, Carob fruit and others.

Here's a recipe for gummy bears

http://www.ehow.com/how_4711835_homemade-gummy-bea...

• Emily

I like the kiddie mix, I love foamy jellies and the tangastic are good. I'm not mad on the star mix, too many of those little people. Do you guys get the magician and horror mixes at Halloween? They're really good too,

Vegetable is not only a clinical term, it is a cooking term. So the qualifications to become a vegetable are not very coherent, which is why we have cases like the tomato: people argue both ways.