? asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

What is the top speed of a sheep?

They're my favourite animal and I'm doing a fact-file for my science project. Please help xD?

Favorite Answer

Your question made me smile enormously; I would urge you to include the phrase 'as fast as the abbatoir lorry can drive' simply because I've been a veggie for more than half my life.

I'm hoping you'll get some more serious answers below. If not, I'll come back and find out from my vet friends.

Oh and if they're your favourite animal Surely you should already know?

EDIT: here you go: one clocked in Germany at 45mph

"If sheep had Olympic Games, this one would be a gold medalist. A runaway sheep chased by police in northern Germany reached speeds of 45 kilometers an hour before jumping over the police car."

And you've gotta get points or something for the phraseology of your question: awesome!

During the Anglo-French development phases of 1968-1972, the prototypes reached verified speeds of mach 2.29 inthe Bay of Biscay.

To achieve this, all safety equipment was removed and the chief test pilot, Brian Thustmore also shaved all his pubes off for added steamlinedliness. He needn't have bothered, as the USSR launched a Mach 2.6 version in 1975, which crashed at the Malta Air Show late that summer.

Top Speed would have to be Mock 4, one for each hoof. The lanolin helps streamline the sheep as it runs. Of course, the wolf/coyote chasing it helps a bit too.

Source(s): I have a history as a sheep wrangler

About 550 mph in the hold of a 747!

Hahaha this is my favourite question so far.

50, 60 mph I would say.

Here's a sheep fact file

http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/an_sci/extension/animal/4...

Argentinian racing sheep can attain speeds of up to 50 mph.

stick a welshman in the field with a jar of mint sauce and watch how fast the sheep will go lmao xx

Rather than chasing them willy-nilly, try cornering them at the edge of a cliff. That way, not only will they not run from you, they'll push back.

depends whats chasing it... Pretty fast though you try to catch one in a field you wont in a straight line

I think you're Baaaaarmy