Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

What age should kids have their own room?

Are you talking about out of your room or kids having rooms of there own.

Obviously space is the first consideration. Not every house has enough rooms to go around and not every kid wants to be alone!

If your kids are of the opposite sex, they will let you know when it's time for them to be separated. While there are some state laws that govern children of the same sex in the same room; unless there is a REASON for CPS to come knocking on your door; how would they know?

If you have the space for your kids to have their own rooms, then that's really a person choice. My brother's two boys had rooms of their own, but they would invariably fall asleep in each others rooms while playing, so they moved both boys beds into one room and made the other into a giant play room. They were the most popular house on the block!

It depends on the parenting style.

Some parents want to indulge their children, and give them their own room at an early age, such as a year.

Other parents would hold off, until the children were 7 or 8.

But definitely, kids should have their own room before puberty starts...you know...privacy!

This is what I would say for girl and girl and boy and boy siblings sharing rooms.

Parents and kids on the other hand, should seperate rooms by the time the baby is about 3-4 months.

Boy and girl siblings, or vices versus siblings should get their own rooms by the time they are 5, no later than that though.

Kids do get curious.

Children should have their own rooms right from the beginning. It's best for them. Splitting up children who have shared rooms before sometimes make it harder and scary for the child. Also sometimes they see it as a punishment. If you make a fun day of moving everything around and get them to help they might not see it as something bad. In many cases a child prefers or asks for their own rooms.

• Around 1-3 months

well my son was in his nursary at 2 weeks and i slept in there on an air matress until he was 2 months and then i moved over to my room he had his room to himself until he was about 4 months when we moved and we had to share a room now he's a year old and is in his own room again...

i think it all depends on the child but a normal healthy child? 2-3 months.

I think if you have the room, or can afford for them to have their own, than any age is ok.

Teens often feel like they NEED their own room for privacy.

Isn't that more or less at the discretion of the parents? My guys each were out of my room by the time they were 3 months old w/baby monitors.

My son is 7 months previous. he slept with us till 3 months in a sprint mattress this is meant to lie on our mattress between us. Then in a crib in our room. he continues to be with us interior the room. not sure while to go him. perhaps while he's 9 or 12 months. perhaps no longer :0)

well personally i would give them their own rooms when they r about 1 or 2 but i would still use a baby monitor.

my daughter went into her own room when she was 4 weeks old and she will have her own room as long as she lives with me!