Maureen asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 decade ago

Do you think the girls prince william and harry date are actually virgins?

i heard the queen makes them go to hospitals and check if they're virgins and all.. but do you really think they are? cause i dont think so lol.

my bad to check their girlfriends

Favorite Answer

The girlfriends are not checked to see if they are virgins - the medical examination for this is not 100% accurate, in any case.

You might be thinking of Princess Mary, who had to be checked for fertility. Securing the succession and so on. She only had to get checked when she was engaged though, I don't think the queen checks every single girl the princes date.

Besides, Camilla (being a mother) was definetely not a virgin when she married Charles. I doubt that the queen has conflicting rules like that

The Queen does not have the power to make anyone do anything like that. I understand that a lot of fuss was made about Prince Charles marrying a virgin, but I doubt anyone would have gone so far as to actually demand that Diana have an examination. In any case, such an examination is of little value in this day and age, with most girls playing sports at school etc, it is quite easy for the hymen to be broken without intercourse having taken place.

In any case, after the Diana fiasco, I imagine that the idea that the prince's bride must be a virgin will pretty well have been dropped.

• Paco

I think there was a big myth about the need for the women who marry the Prince of Wales to be a virgin. However, I am sure that it is equally important that they not have very involved pasts, with lots of lovers or pictures on the internet.

---------------

My suspicion is that Prince William has probably had far fewer partners than most handsome charming rich young men his age. It probably makes you extremely aware of each situation when you go anywhere and a dozen women in the room would sleep with you that night, and almost as many would like to exploit the situation.

---------------

As for men who are a little further away from the throne (like Prince Henry and Prince Andrew), they have historically been known to have some very active and often bizarre sex lives. The queen's uncle was notorious for having numerous affairs with men and women (he also had a cocaine addiction). And this was in the 1930's and 1940's.

---------------

Men in those positions in life have to be constantly on the look-out for who is taking pictures (see the shot of Prince Andrew on a business trip in the source).

It's not that they want them to date virgins, its that they don't want them to date and possibly marry someone who has a colourful sexual history. How humiliating would it be for multiple past lovers of Kate Middleton's do be constantly giving away extremely private information about their past relationship in exchange for money from the press?

I don't think Kate is a virgin, but I do think she was when she began her relationship with William and I think he has probably remained her only sexual partner. I think this because no jerk has talked to the press about being with her sexually. And I do think if they break up William will try and find a girl who if not a virgin will at least not have lots of loud mouth jerks as ex-boyfriends so that they can avoid a situation where The Sun has a three page interview with the future Queen's ex-lover.

I doubt if Her Majesty is really interested in whether the girls are virgins or not. It's all about whom the young princes have chosen to be with. I am sure that neither Willima nor Harry are exactly what you'd call virgins.

NAAAHH. Especially Harry, since he doesn't have any reason to plan to marry one. Who cares about the "spare"? Andrew didn't marry a virgin.

And, no. The Queen doesn't "make" anyone do anything...she doesn't have the power to ASK them to get checked. IF William were considering marrying a woman...they might go so far...but even Diana didn't have to undergo such a humiliation...her father vouched for her. That was enough.

Although it was likely that Diana was a virgin when she married Charles it was considered outdated even then. This requirement would not be required for William's wife or any future royal bride.

Of course they're not virgins. Virginity isn't valued by most people anymore.

I didn't know there was a way to check whether someone was a virgin, but no.

i doubt it cause there like 20 or 30 odd. what different does it make cause there not.