Scott
Scott asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

What is the point of making friends you will eventually lose?

or is it never our intention to lose them?

Like my avatar Mister Sef? lol I dont!

Well I've lost so many friends through out my years.I stopped with the worry. I think in life friends are supposed to come and go,only the true few stay forever. We're all just humans on this earth making and breaking friends. Enjoying the times.

Ahh yes I understand why you ask this question unlike all the other people that make fun of you for it.

It is better to of experienced and lost than not to have friends at all.

Having friends that come in and out of your life is a good thing it keeps things interesting and mixes things up a bit. Having and losing things is all about the journy not the ending if you think of the ending all the time you will allways be dissatisfied with what you have at the present time.

I never intend to lose my friends. If for some reason we do no longer communicate, then... this is it: no communication. Yet in my mind, they are still there, in my life, if they want to. They can come back and we start as if there had been no gap, no silence.

That is why it is important to have friends, no matter what. The great point is to make friends. If they die, then, they are in our hearts forever and their words still resound in our memory, in us.

Friendship is so wonderful that we cannot calculate "if". We just have to live the way the friendship is dealt to us. IMHO.

Source(s): j

Simple, we live in an idealist, self serving society, so having friends way fit our ideals so we make friends, someone might just feel lonly they make a friend, we lose a friend we make a friend, something bad happens to us we make a friend. If you never intend to lose friends, then why bother making them? You will lose all friends eventualy, it's called dieing. If u never die, find some of your immortal friends and form a realy strong relationship, and prepare to attempt suicide. The point is nobody can keep a friend forever.

Well, this reminds me of an episode of Flapjack. Something about, Adventurers leave old friends to make new friends, who they left to make new friends, and then they revisit the old friends.

Anyways, you can say that friends will keep you company for the present, and you'll be able to look forward to finding them again if you do lose them - that is, if they meant that much to you.

If you know the answer to the question below ...

"What is the point of eating food that you will eventually lose?"

You will have the answer ;-p

• BBZ

You gain, you lose.

Making friends (gain), but you my lose them.

The most important thing is that at one point you gained.

The experience is worth it!

Without taking the risk, we'll never do anything in life.

:)

you shouldnt make friends with people you dont even care about/ ie: lose them!

but as we all know we do it just for the heck of it, how many people divorce in America? like 50%..right, marriage is i think the ultimate bond of friendship and guess what even that fails half of the time, it's ridiculously sad, people need to make better decisions...and dont be greedy about money.

you never want to lose a friend. if you find the right person, they will stay with you for years and there wont be a reason to give up on them

Well, even assuming you lose them all. I would say, the point of making friends is for the time that you have them.

I mean, would you rather be alone forever, or at least have friends for certain periods of your life to keep you company.