what is this man in the CLIP going on about and what is his name?
- RetroRayLv 71 decade agoFavourite answer
This alleged clip from the floor of the House of Representatives is a fake created by "The Onion News Network."
1. NOTE: The person speaking is identified as a "Rep. John Haller, (R) Pennsylvania, 12th District." There is no Representative John Haller. Since 1974, the 12th Congressional District of Pennsylvania has been represented in the House of Representatives by John Murtha, a Democrat.
2. NOTE: At the bottom right of the picture, in an effort to gain the legitimacy of C-SPAN, the "Onion" logo appears next to -SPAN.
3. "The Onion News Network" is a fake news source that publishes on the internet. The publishers of "The Onion News Network" created H.R. 8791, "A Proposed (Classified) Bill Will Defend Against Flesh-Eating (Classified)." They also created "Rep. John Haller (R-PA)" and the phony introduction of a nonexistent bill in the House.
4. The publishers of "The Onion" first posted the phony introduction of this phony bill on their website (on or about October, 2007, No. 41 and No. 43.) It was not long thereafter that it appeared on uTube.
4. The phony H.R. 8791 is a bill created by "The Onion." It is alleged to be a bill "that will allocate (classified) dollars over the next (classified) years to fight flesh-eating (classified)."
5. The publishers of "The Onion" may regard this as satire, and much of "The Onion" is fine satire and very amusing. Nevertheless, your question and that of others establish that many have listened and watched this uTube piece without knowing that the bill never existed and that its introduction was a hoax.
I defend "The Onion's" right to free expression; however, I am concerned that since this tape was first shown in 2007, many have been duped.
Perhaps the fact that so many have been duped is the statement that should concern us all. Could it be that the tenor of the times and those in control of the House, Senate, and Executive Branch in 2007 were such that this nonsense was and still is taken seriously?
[I have no monetary interest in "The Onion" or in uTube.]Source(s): http://www.theonion.com/content/video/proposed_cla... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kur36SWZhsA&feature... http://www.theonion.com/content/index http://feeds.theonion.com/onionnewsnetwork http://www.alternet.org/media/67039 http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/0109...
- 5 years ago
"Congress shall now vote for approval of HR 8791, the Homeland Terrorism Preparedness Bill. Said bill request emergency response funding up to and including 1 TRILLION dollars to prepare for national level terrorist attack and/or attack from UNIDENTIFIED BEINGS. Funding for first responder personnel and vehicles will be doubled if said attack leads to more than 80% of national population being effected by UNIDENTIFIED BEINGS. This funding shall commence in conjunction to the first attack on THE UNITED STATES or the first large scale outbreak of VIRUS X depending on upon which comes first. Civillian and military units shall be trained in containment and combat of UNIDENTIFIED BEINGS including iratirated MUTANTS with possibility of VIRUS X BEING airborne, OR THE POSSIBILITY OF flesh eating, HOSTS and/or all the above. In such event as A DOMESTIC REVOLT ON US SOIL OR spewing/UNIDENTIFIED BEINGS escape or released or otherwise become uncontrollable, Air Force units may also be directed to combat said BEINGS due to their enormous size and other worldly strengths. Should event occur in urban areas, Jesus... That's DANGEROUS, far surpassing our darkest nightmares. Should casualties exceed 100,000,000 PEOPLE, body disposal actions should be holded and associated resources shall be reallocated through SEWAGE SYSTEMS underground FEMA-BASED protective birthing centers. A new bill of rights shall be drafted and approved by THE ELITE OF TEN. Having now reviewed the bill, I ask you to please cast your votes."