I am insured by a different car insurance company than my parents are. Am I still allowed to drive their cars?

Ok so 2 years ago I got my drivers license suspended for drinking and driving. Not a DUI, but still kinda a big deal since I was only 16 at the time. I was insured by Mercury on my parents plan at the time, but after that incident they obviously stopped insuring me. After a year, I went to reinstate my car... show more Ok so 2 years ago I got my drivers license suspended for drinking and driving. Not a DUI, but still kinda a big deal since I was only 16 at the time. I was insured by Mercury on my parents plan at the time, but after that incident they obviously stopped insuring me. After a year, I went to reinstate my car insurance but I had to do so with a different company. Then I went to the DMV and got my liscence back. Apparently my parents are now not allowed to drive my car and I am not allowed to drive theirs. I want to know though, am I allowed to drive their car if its just a one-time thing? I mean, people let other people drive their cars all the time as long as both parties are insured. Its almost prom and I want to know if I can drive my parents suburban instead of my truck. I pay a lot for my new insurance (obviously, given the circumstances) and my parents also pay a lot for theirs. Shouldn't I be able to drive my moms car for one night since I am an insured driver and she is too?