promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Lav asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Saying telephone numbers in Spanish?

How would i tell someone my phone number in spanish. Do i break the numbers down into pairs.

1(401)992-4050

Q. Cual es tu numero de telefono?

-----how would i answer this question using the above phone number

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Hello.

I'll assume that's a full phone number, with country and area code before the actual phone number.

If I had to say that in Spanish, I think I would clarify what each number stands for so as not to confuse the listener. If I have to include even the country code, then that most probably means the listener is from a different country; that's why I'd try to be as clear as possible.

1 (401) 992-4050

This is what I'd say:

Código de país, uno. (Country code, one)

Código de área, cuatro cero uno. (Area code, four oh one)

Número, cuarenta cincuenta (Number, forty fifty), OR cuatro cero cinco cero (four oh five oh)

Before all the numbers, you can say -although it isn't necessary and it'd even be redundant- "Mi número es..." and then the numbers.

By the way, your question in Spanish needs two question marks and a couple of accents:

"¿Cuál es tu número de teléfono?"

Good luck.

C.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 years ago

Saying Numbers In Spanish

• bell
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Area Code In Spanish

• 4 years ago

cero 0, uno 1,seis 6,dos 2, cuatro 4,tres 3 , dos 2 , cuatro 4, cero 0 ,cuatro 4 ocho 8. Here i will give you the basic number 0 cero 1 uno 2 dos 3 tres 4 cuatro 5 cinco 6 seis 7 siete 8 ocho 9 nueva 10 diez You pronuce it like you read it lets say ocho 8 o-cho

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.