Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 1 decade ago

what country is fez from that 70s show from?

No one knows. That's the mystery.

"His secret country of origin is one of the longest running gags on the show. In one episode, he revealed it was an island but was interrupted before he could say the name of the island. In another episode, he spoke a line (the "I said good day" catch phrase) in his native language. He once said he had "Latin pride," which led Red to believe he was Latino. Fez retorted "No, only my pride is, and I have a Swiss sense of frugality." He once said that he could speak Dutch in a job interview. "Mukatot" is his language's word for foot, as revealed in "The Pill".

Fez has also been shown to speak Spanish in an episode when he sang a Spanish love song, Besame Mucho, to Jackie; he also said it was the lyrics to his school song. Fez once claimed his country has never fought a war. In another episode, however, he alludes to the fact that his country "won the war" against Britain. He once said that his forefathers were not Mayan. He once stated that his country has "more lizards than people." In episode 110, Hot Dog, Fez remarked that his people "eat bugs." He has also referred to having a sister who lives in the jungle 10,000 miles from Wisconsin in "Surprise, Surprise". In one episode, when the gang was playing in his room (which looked like a room for a little kid) Jackie and Hyde were playing with a couple of large stuffed pandas, to which Fez responded that the black and white one was a present from his cousin who lives in Hong Kong. During a ski trip with friends, he marvels at the sight of snow, claiming he had never seen any before then. In another instance, a friend from his home country visits, and has a heavy English accent. Fez's explanation to this is that his friend is from the west side of the island. Another episode had Fez pointing out his island on a wall map. However, the audience's view was blocked by someone's head. After Eric offers him a chance to attend a Styx concert with him, Fez states that "Where I come from we have a saying, 'Ugh, Styx.'"

Fez stated in one episode that he is from the opposite side of the world. In the season 8 episode Leaving Home Ain't Easy, he said that his harsh words towards Jackie were the result of his "Jamaican fire," only to clarify to Hyde that "Jamaican Fire" was the cologne he was wearing. In episode 199, "Love of My Life," Fez states he is going back to Brazil, but then adds that he is only going there to take a plane to his country. At the end of that episode, Fez says that his country's origin "depended on whether you ask the British or the Dutch." The British hated them and would not answer such a question, and nobody could understand the Dutch's answer. Also in season 4 episode 7 he designs a new uniform as a Photohut employee however he wrote Photo in Dutch (Foto)".

There is no answer, after researching it plenty it all goes back to, it was just something to keep you coming back to the couch the next episode so that it may actually reveal where fez is from. It plainly says at the end of an episode in season 1 I think?? Blah blah blah then "will we ever find out where fez is from?, all revealed in the next episode" I think it was a really good idea considering all the webpages and resources solely dedicated to"where is fez from" lol, but the way the writers kept throwing out simple meaningless hint kept ppl watching just to see if the mysterious country was gonna be unveiled. Disappointment struck the nation of 'that 70's show fans when the show ended and a straight answer had still not been revealed. It was a marketing tactic that every show uses to make sure u ate in front of the t.v. 10 mins before the show starts. And it's working obviously LMAO

Fez That 70s Show

• I have studied and done research on the history of the Caribbean islands for many years. Fez has given hints throughout the show and I payed attention to them. The curiosity was killing me. Based off the hints I gathered: 1 "I can speak Dutch, 2: "Ok, I ll go back the Brazil and catch a flight home from there, and 3: "The British or the Dutch, they wouldn t tell, they hate us", based off these hints << I figured out the only possible place he could be from is a place called Oranjestad on the Island of Aruba. Reason being: In 1492 Christopher Columbus discovered the island, long story short, the island later was owned by the Dutch Army when they built the town around Fort Zoutman, which later had been used by the Dutch trade company and Army around 1796. Also, back in the 16 and 1700 s, the Yucatan coast included Merida and stretched as far as Belize. New Spain stretched from there around Vera Cruz to Caracas and any further east was mostly British owned islands and ports stretching all the way to Jenny Bay in Suriname, hence Fez s British friend.

Fez if from The Falkland Islands. In the first teaser, when his friend suggest that he goes home he says "yes, I will go to Brazil..... and then catch a flight home." In the final teaser, when Hyde finally asks them, "Where the hell are you guys from?", his friend says that the name depends on whether you ask the British or the Dutch. However, Fez explains that the British won't say it because they hate the island, and no one understands a word the Dutch say. The friend has a heavy English accent. Fez's explanation to this is that his friend is from the west side of the island. In his country, the water is bad so Fez doesn't shower daily. So, pull up a map of South America. It makes sense to stop in Brazil then take smaller plane to islands.

British claimed the island, however a Dutch explorer actually founded it.

The British call them the Falkland Islands and the Dutch call them the Sebald Islands.

The island is split into the East Falkland and the West.

The reason that Fez's name and country of origin are never mentioned throughout the course of the series is that the creators could never decide on his origins, and eventually decided to leave it a secret. In an interview, Wilmer said he created an accent so no one would know what country he is from. Many theories about Fez's homeland have been produced by fans of the show, but since there is no answer that the creators can provide, it will not be known if these are true.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): country fez 70s show from: https://tinyurl.im/xtzq5

The Falkland Islands.

You're very, very welcome.

Credit to FaithVDean (YouTube; gotta show props) for the below info on episode "Love of My Life," where one of Fez's compatriots (played by Justin Long) comes for a visit. In the first teaser, when his friend suggest that he goes home he says "yes, I will go to Brazil..... and then catch a flight home." In the final teaser, when Hyde finally asks them, "Where the hell are you guys from?", his friend says that the name depends on whether you ask the British or the Dutch. However, Fez explains that the British won't say it because they hate the island, and no one understands a word the Dutch say. The friend has a heavy English accent. Fez's explanation to this is that his friend is from the west side of the island. In his country, the water is bad so Fez doesn't shower daily.

Where Is Fez From

I believe he is from Saint Martin in the Carribean because in the second last episode it is mentioned that Fez is from an island in the Carribean with an English half and a Dutch half. I did some research and it said that Saint Martin has a Dutch half and an English territory. Your welcome from the smartest 13 year old on the website.

I recently watched the whole series and took notes whenever he gave a clue about his native country and it has led me to believe that fez is from Madagascar.