Newborns and Dogs! My parents want me to get rid of my dog before the baby gets here! Advice?

My husband and I are currently 17 weeks pregnant and we are the owners of a very very hyper border collie. He just turned 1. My parents are telling me to get rid of the dog because he could"crush the baby" "knock the baby over" etc. Our dog is not dangerous and there are plenty of families... show more My husband and I are currently 17 weeks pregnant and we are the owners of a very very hyper border collie. He just turned 1.

My parents are telling me to get rid of the dog because he could"crush the baby" "knock the baby over" etc. Our dog is not dangerous and there are plenty of families who have both children and dogs.

I love my dog to death, he is part of the family and I could not let him go, unless he was a real danger to our child. I have taken my dog to parks with children and he is really good with kids of all ages. Being hyper he could knock them down but he has NEVER been aggressive towards kids. He does tho, bark his head off and growl if someone goes on our porch but after a Hyper Greeting, and a few sniffs he settles down.

What is the best approach with our Dog when bringing a new baby into the home. I don't want to lock him away in another room or board him at a kennel.. Any suggestions?