Shud i meet a guy who i met through an internet dating site?!?

Any tips for internet dating? Im spose to be meeting a rather nice guy tonight.. the only thing is we met on an internet dating site.. and its kind of putting me a little bit off at the mo. Hes 28 and im 22 , should i go or shall i back out? ive never been out with ne one whos usually 5+ years older than me?! help !

Favorite Answer

If you decide to meet him make it a public place and in the middle of the day. A coffee date is usually safe. But be very careful and on your guard. I know someone who was raped after agreeing to meet face to face with someone she knew from an internet dating site.

ok heres the thing. I met my current boyfriend on a internet dating site and we met in person and now well we have been dating strong and well for a while now. TIPS: watch how the guy talks on the internet. how does he answer is he more straight forward about things or does he seem to hide things? and if you met him in person i can't stress this enough but 1. tell a friend or a few that you are going to met a guy that you met on the ineternet and get him or her to call you at a certain time so tehy can check up on you. so they know you are alright. when you met go somewhere where there is alot of people so that he doesn't have a chance to rfape or kill you or anything like that. DO NOT go back to his house. DO make sure your friends know. DO NOT go in a car with him. DO NOT give out personal info like where you live and work. I took all these procations and everything turned out fine. be caredul and be yourself. good luck

Source(s): experience

I have dated quite a few guys online. I met my current boyfriend online about a year ago. Get to know them well before you meet up. Be 100% certain that he is the right guy for you. Meeting in person is a big step because sometimes people can be different offline and its hard to know that until you meet them. Meet in a public place for a coffee or a drink possible early in the day like lunch time or early evening. If you dont feel comfortable just say that you are meeting friends later or that you have to go home early. Just be careful and good luck. Not all guys online are nutters some are genuine.

How long have you been talking to this guy online? Meeting him in person is a huge risk. I've had friends do it and they've been just fine, but any time you do that, you're putting yourself at risk. Have you considered having a friend nearby in case something goes wrong? Also, if you do meet him, I would suggest keeping it casual. Have a friendly lunch, drive separate, and don't leave with him. Besides, all you really need to know at this point, is if you're interested in him, right? If things go well, then you can decide about meeting up with him again later.

BE CAREFUL! I've gone out with a guy i met on an internet site before and i'm your age, but you have to take precautions. When I went out with this guy, I made sure we went to a restaurant with lots of people, drove separate cars, and didn't let him bring me home that first time. Also, the restaurant we went to was across the street from the police station, but that may have been overkill.

Anyway, I'd say you can go for it if you really want to, but just don't be dumb about it. Make sure you're safe, that's the biggest concern.

Change your date to lunch. It's the perfect first date. If it goes well, you can move forward. If not, you can say you have to get back to work.

I don't have any problem with internet relationships, but I always say that the most important thing you can do is to find out where they went to high school and then do some checking up on them. You can tell a lot about a person by what their childhood friends say about them and you can do that online.

that is a pretty good plan.. just get to know him a little more before u tell him anything really personal. but in case u really hate him right when u first meet him... make sure your friend calls you about 20 minutes in. If the date is going well just be like okay blahblahblah bye. but if it is going bad then say omg ill be there right away (it is an emergency) and you have to go!

Meet in a public area with plenty of people around and don't go out alone with him. If you like what you see then run a criminal background check on him before you go any further.

i met mt now hubby on an internet chat site n we have now been married for just under 5 years wi 2 kids

I mean take it slow. Meet somewhere that is local and is crowded like a starbucks etc. Never meet alone!. Also get plenty of photos maybe even a facebook etc so that u can see his family and friends. hope that helps just be carful.