Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

Smoking need help (PLZ 13 yrs old) mouth cancer?

Hi,

Im 13 and every day after school i have toos (half a *** each) or have a couple of drags with some mates..

i have had bronkliah asthma since i was born...

Can this affect it?

What are the risks?

Can i get mouth cancer if i dont inhale propperly?

I have been smoking on and off for a year..

trying quitting but bus stop makes it difficult...

Can you help me?

How can i say i dont smoke to ma mates with owt them laffin?

cheers!

p.s Dont waste my time telling me that smoking is for nobs.

Favorite Answer

Quite a few questions!

If you have asthma I would say this is good enough reason to tell your mates that you can't smoke. It will only make your asthma worse and I think your mates should accept that. They may not realise what it does to you, but maybe you could tell them.

Of course smoking affects asthma. Look it up on line - plenty of websites to do with asthma and what not to do.

Inhaling "inproperly" has little to do with mouth cancer. As soon as you light up and get the smoke in your mouth, you have every risk to get mouth or throat cancer. Maybe you should google this too, as it may help you now - it may not help you when you are really addicted.

Being 13, you have a good chance of helping yourself before it becomes almost impossible to stop smoking - I am living proof of this and would never say it's O.K. to smoke to anyone! You could build up some self-confidence to stand up to anyone ridiculing you for not smoking. I know this may not be the best thing, but you could tell them about the websites that give information about the effects of smoking. I think your best bet is to tell them that if you smoke you may collapse because you can't breathe because your asthma will possibly give you breathing problems (no lie!) and they would have to deal with someone having to take you to A & E to get sorted... (Not a lie either).

Just stay your ground, be strong and tell others you don't want to play with your life.

Please Stop. Dare to stand out, don't be a follower. Make yourself a leader, a free soul. You only get one body so look after it!.. You may have let yourself down but you can turn it around. Tell them you don't wanna smoke if you don't. Don't let peer pressure get to you. Hey, i'm 14, nearly 15 in 2 weeks !:D I remember a year ago i was in school with some other people i don't usually hang with.. because of a drayton manner trip. A few of them were smoking (my age) and i felt a bit sorry for them. No one's happy every day but mines fulfilled enough that i wouldn't play that fools game. If they laugh , then ignore it. They need to realise how serious it is and grow up a bit. There are many risks with smoking. I, personally love to sing, and have always.. there is no way a *** is goin in my gob :}! Good luck and take care..Get rid of the stuff as soon as possible, your own well being is what is important. How about if you did nothing for now..? When you are older, this won't be 'cool', Smoking is toxic, it can cause premature wrinkles, weight gain, really bad teeth and it does stink. When you really want to stop.. you could find it harder cause you've been with it so long, it makes you feel like you need it. Trust me, it's just so regular, my dad is fifty and is struggling to quit.

First of all since you are on the internet, you need to search side effects of smoking and that will tell you everything you need to know. And as for your friends when you read the side effects trust me you will be laughing at them. Also research the amount you spend for smoking and see do you want to keep smoking and spending ALL that money!!! Hope that helped

You are so pathetic.

Yes, you can get MANY forms of cancer, even if you "don't inhale properly".

Avoid the bus stop, or grow some balls. If your friends laugh at you for not wanting to smell like an ashtray, and not wanting to have yellow teeth and skanky breath? Your friends are losers. Smoking is not cool.

If you have asthma smoking can kill you quick !

I have astma and If I smoke even 1 *** I will DIE !

Plz do stop. just stand up to them, if they laugh at you they are not your TRUE friends, find better ones.

Keep smiling hun

• I'm not sure about the cancer thing,

but you don't need to tell them,

just don't smoke them,

and you should be laughing at them, not the other way round!

ur 2 young to get problems as smoking related problems start later on in life so ur ok

smoking is for nobs.

hehe you soooo asked for the first answer to your question!

• Ange

I won't waste your time then.