Is my dwarf hamster dying??

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Since last night he is cool and stiff, still breathing but hardly moving. Is he dying and will a vet visit help or is it better to leave him to pass away here,he doesn't appear ...show more
Update : thanks for all the answers,he died last night.
Best Answer
I'm so sorry rlk
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (16)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Nick A answered 5 years ago
    This happened to my sister's dwarf. unfortunately it died but what the vet said to do was wrap it up in something like cotton wool and put it near a radiator (but not on it). Have something to put him in like a clean shoebox or something incase he does come round and legs it

Dont go to a vet they do nothin and charge a fortune

Source(s):

experience
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Diego && Me answered 5 years ago
    Oh my I am sorry for your loss. I know how it feels my dwarf is ill from a diesese and dieing.

Source(s):

my hammy, Mocha
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Hey!! :) answered 5 years ago
    sorry for your loss if this every happens again its a stroke you can prevent it well help it it this happens again hold your hamster in your hand try to keep it warm and hand feed it and give it water through a syringe this is good because your body heat will keep it warm and then the hamster will be able to eat and drink your hamster most likely died because it got to cold or it was to weak to drink or eat

again sorry for your loss :-(
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Cowgirl answered 5 years ago
    oh i'm so sorry! : (
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Ellz answered 5 years ago
    im so sorry to hear about your hammy. im sure he had a great life especially with you. If this ever happens again to another hamster in your care make sure you keep him/her warm and stay with it all the time. xx
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • blooberry_98_star answered 5 years ago
    If the temperature of your room is really cold, then hes hibernating. You can tell further if hes hibernating is if he only breathes four times a minute. If he IS hibernating, then don't wake im up. just gradually turn up the temperature by a few degrees every hour or so until he wakes up.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Starship answered 5 years ago
    My Dwarf hamster did that. :( She was only one year old. :( YES, HE WILL DIE. It's PROBABLY because his room was too cold.... :(
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • shay answered 5 years ago
    vet won't be much of a help.the same thing happened to my hamster,she became less playful and didn't want to eat until she got really weak and was not able to move anymore,but still breathing.then,the next day,she died.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Lolmao answered 5 years ago
    i'm sorry he's probably going to die :(, my hamster had it, he was cold and stiff, i just held him in a small blanket for 6 hours until he... well... you know.... keep him warm and comfy until the end...

Source(s):

Experience
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Sophie answered 5 years ago
    i wouldn't suggest going to a vet, they probably wont be able to do anything, you just just hold your hamster and try to keep it warm and keep it drinking plenty, hope it goes well.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • deadlyiknow answered 5 years ago
    just make sure that he is well warm and comphy!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • rockon! answered 5 years ago
    this is what happened to my bro's hamster and unfortunatly we had to put it down.... i.m so sorry for ur future loss :(
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Can't touch this answered 5 years ago
    this happened to my siberian dwarf hamster too. you just have to enjoy the last couple of hours you have with him! i sat there and held my half dead hamster and cried for hours until it died. dont worry it will die and be out of suffering in acouple of hours.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • dililah ! answered 5 years ago
    Theres probably nothing your going to be able to do.
    My hamster did this i took him to the vets but they couldnt do anything.
    The best thing to do is to keep him warm and let him go peacefully, if you take him to the vets he's going to be poked and prodded about.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Aud answered 5 years ago
    Just keep it warm and comfortable. How long have you had it? Unfortunately, hamsters don not live very lengthy lives. Some are already sick when you buy it, some live their 2-3 years and go peacefully. He may be sick. Not sure if there are any symptoms, but wet tail is common in hamsters. Hope all goes well.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • rebffinjgj answered 5 years ago
    yeah, he's dying.
    dont bother taking him to the vet, there's not anything they can do.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock