Do you lock your car doors?

Do you always lock all of your car doors when you get out of the car for the night, or do you not pay attention to locking your doors?

• Joe F

yes its a false sense of security or just Habit take your pick but im not gettin a hundred dollar alarm if they want my car they can have it thats what insurance is for yes its an inconvenience but id rather be living than dead cuz im trying to protect a car

Lock the car?!?!? What the '''H''' for?

I live in a small farming village (pop. 300) in the Central Plains of Canada. We don't even bother to lock up the house when we leave for the day or at night. I couldn't honestly tell you if my garage 'man door' lock even works and most nights we don't even bother to close the garage door.

Mind you, I have a 65 pound dog that will rip you a new one if you come on my property without my say so but, in reality, no one here locks their doors. There is no need to.

We all heard that a lock is to keep a honest man honest. We also know if they want it bad enough there going to do what they have to. And yes I lock ever thing that has a way to lock it. I like to keep my stuff my stuff. Took a long time to get all this junk but its all mine.....lol

i always lock my doors day and night. i know theres kids out there who will go into unlocked cars and steal from them, i know because i was one when i was in high school

• kite

you are going to be able to stay in a secure section yet you may desire to at a while tension by using risky factors. in lots of cases you gained;t comprehend it till somebody pinches your hub caps. Getting hijacked is an exceedingly distant possiblity. it truly is not interior the united kingdom crime way of existence (ok it takes place, yet in basic terms not often) and additionally, while you're wearing your seat belt, they could no longer pull you from the automobile. the biggest probability is somebody attaining in and grabbing your handbag or any parcels. This used to happen lots in Slough approximately 5 years in the past, the place the unlawful immigrants imported the prepare and the community yobs copied them. it truly is not a stable concept to settle directly to fasten while stopped and launch while moving. i can assure which you will forget approximately to try this sometime. you may desire to word that at site visitors lights furniture undesirable human beings will open a door and get into the automobile, or attain in and nick your handbag etc., interior the gap of a pair of breaths. it truly is amzingingly quickly and you does not react in time to stop them. additionally, it ought to seen to be driving without Due Care if Mr Plodd observed you doing it on the site visitors lights furniture. (and twiddling with the proper locking button!). in case you "lock" the doorways, yet no longer "impasse" them, every time which you utilize the automobile then you definately would be risk-free adequate. A door that's "locked" yet no longer "deadlocked" won't be in a position to be opened from outdoors yet could be opened from interior. See your automobile instruction manual for extra counsel in this. many times "locking" skill pressing the biggest fob button (or inner proper locking button) in basic terms as quickly as, yet "deadlocking" involves 2 pressings on the biggest fob or inner proper locking button. That way you and your passengers will nevertheless be waiting to open the doorways from the interior in the event that they might desire to flee in an emergency. additionally, while you're incapacitated or unconcious then the hearth brigade will in basic terms decrease open your door to get you out besides. This time of year your best danger would be from drunks and egocentric ideas-ineffective, thoughtless driving . i've got seen extra on Boxing Day this year than interior the final six months blended. Be risk-free and function a satisfied New year.

for the night i dont because i live in a small town but when i go into work i do because people have had things stolen from their cars

• kaydid

always even when i'm in it now days you have to be careful

Source(s): kaydid