This question is very long but please... Im BEYOND desperate for advice. I would be very grateful for help?

Ok I am 1 week shy of being 10 months pregnant about to give birth any day now. (supposed to be exciting right!) I moved in with my parents about a month ago to get my moms help with bein a new mom and to spend some time with her before I move 300 miles away. I will be here for another 3 months before the move.

My 17 year old sister is 21 weeks pregnant and is never home, and both my parents work. Considering my current state, I am the only one in the house who currently does not work. My dad decided that the 3 dogs we already had werent enough pets, he decided to bring home a 6 week old labrador puppy! And guess who gets to take care of it?! ME!!!!

My mom is a school teacher and leave pretty early in the morning, my sister is trying to have all the fun she can before she becomes Mommy Dearest, and my dad sleeps all day and 10 minutes after he wakes up he leaves for work and doesnt come back till 4 in the morning! So I get stuck with 3 dogs and a (now) 8 week old puppy who isnt potty trained and gets into everything!

As you can probably guess, I dont have the energy or the mobility to be chasing around 3 dogs and a puppy everyday, so my dad got the puppy a crate (for potty training reasons). I thought it was going to be my best friend but OH WAS I WRONG! My other dogs are generally well behaved so I dont have to worry about them. As most of you know... puppies are mischevious and you DO have to worry about them. Since I cant chase the puppy around all day, I started putting him in the crate for a couple hours a day. (yes I let him out to go potty every 30 minutes or so, I am not niglectful of my dogs) But as soon as I put him in that crate it sounds as if a pack of cyote's are trying to eat him!

I CAN NOT handle that sound for even a minute let alond a couple hours. What do I do? My dad says that its HIS dog. And since HE isnt around to take care of HIS dog, my options are either I wear myself out but chasing him around and fallow him EVERYWERE, or I win myself a migrane because NO ONE is around to take care of this pup except me.

I need to find a way to get my dad to get rid of this dog or atleast rely on someone else to take care of it, because I REFUSE to take care of 3 dogs, and an annoying puppy in addition to a newborn baby ALONE! And I could leave him in the crate but then he's going to make those sounds and wake up me and my baby and I cant live like that. Do ANY of you have suggestions on what to do? I feel like my hands are tied, and I think I'm going to go nuts!

I warned that this was a long question, please . . . no comments on the length of this question.

• MUG

yeaah, puppies do tend to be very active to say the least, but what might make things worse is your hormones.

your going to have a baby anyday, so you will be feeling stressed, and the dog wont be helping. but after youve had the baby, you may feel differently. and if your dad doesnt want to get rid of it, there isnt much you can do.

the dog will eventually shut up, and although it might be sending you mad just remember it isnt permanant. your leaving in 3 months. :)

good luck

I completely understand, where it's not exactly the same, we got our puppy when I had recently broken my foot, so I was in the same sort of situation... Some ideas may be to get a small pen to keep the dog in (if that's possible)...maybe put it up in the middle of the floor where you are usually resting. This way, the dog will not be cooped up in a small claustrophobic cage, rather the dog will be able to walk around more freely and have more room to play with dogs to keep him occupied. Of course, a pen with sensible height is a must, because puppies can obviously jump right out of smaller pens. Another idea, may be to put the dog on a leash inside, and simply hold onto the leash, or maybe hook it to the leg of the couch, giving the puppy controlled freedom. Puppies are generally content with the ability to run around, getting into messes is simply, and frustratingly, a side affect of the running around. If you make sure that you give them the space to run around, but in a radius that doesn't have things they can mischievously ruin, hopefully your situation will improve. I hope this helps! And I hope you get the help you deserve soon!

Do you not have any friends with younger brothers and sisters that stay near by who would do a bit of puppy sitting to help you out

uhmm well ur dad doesnt seem like he will cave so why dont you hire someone for help like a dog sitter or eve better ask a friend to help you!! if that doesnt work find a hotel u can stay in for awhile

good luck with everything ;)

1. Be thankful its only one annoying dog.

2. you'll be leaving soon anyway.

3. employ the kid from down the road to look after it. give him a chocolate bar or something

4. Hope the birth goes well.

Why can't you put the puppy outside on a dog run

I say, get a sitter. You should not be responsible for that puppy. You're prego!

why did u say that ur baby was a new born if it isnt even born yet!

U need to get that news out!

send them to a dog hotel!

Source(s): I just thought of it!

Have your husband help with the dogs.

i assume that you have a husband right???