This question is very long but please... Im BEYOND desperate for advice. I would be very grateful for help?

Ok I am 1 week shy of being 10 months pregnant about to give birth any day now. (supposed to be exciting right!) I moved in with my parents about a month ago to get my moms help with bein a new mom and to spend some time with her before I move 300 miles away. I will be here for another 3 months before the move.

My 17 year old sister is 21 weeks pregnant and is never home, and both my parents work. Considering my current state, I am the only one in the house who currently does not work. My dad decided that the 3 dogs we already had werent enough pets, he decided to bring home a 6 week old labrador puppy! And guess who gets to take care of it?! ME!!!!

My mom is a school teacher and leave pretty early in the morning, my sister is trying to have all the fun she can before she becomes Mommy Dearest, and my dad sleeps all day and 10 minutes after he wakes up he leaves for work and doesnt come back till 4 in the morning! So I get stuck with 3 dogs and a (now) 8 week old puppy who isnt potty trained and gets into everything!

As you can probably guess, I dont have the energy or the mobility to be chasing around 3 dogs and a puppy everyday, so my dad got the puppy a crate (for potty training reasons). I thought it was going to be my best friend but OH WAS I WRONG! My other dogs are generally well behaved so I dont have to worry about them. As most of you know... puppies are mischevious and you DO have to worry about them. Since I cant chase the puppy around all day, I started putting him in the crate for a couple hours a day. (yes I let him out to go potty every 30 minutes or so, I am not niglectful of my dogs) But as soon as I put him in that crate it sounds as if a pack of cyote's are trying to eat him!

I CAN NOT handle that sound for even a minute let alond a couple hours. What do I do? My dad says that its HIS dog. And since HE isnt around to take care of HIS dog, my options are either I wear myself out but chasing him around and fallow him EVERYWERE, or I win myself a migrane because NO ONE is around to take care of this pup except me.

I need to find a way to get my dad to get rid of this dog or atleast rely on someone else to take care of it, because I REFUSE to take care of 3 dogs, and an annoying puppy in addition to a newborn baby ALONE! And I could leave him in the crate but then he's going to make those sounds and wake up me and my baby and I cant live like that. Do ANY of you have suggestions on what to do? I feel like my hands are tied, and I think I'm going to go nuts!

I warned that this was a long question, please . . . no comments on the length of this question.

For ~momo~, screw the dogs confusion, I'm more worried about my baby and MY sanity

dogs are a biiig hand ful. i am preg too and i had a 2 month old puppy that would chase my cat. when the first trimester tiredness hit me i just couldnt deal with him one more minute and gave him away. or maybe it was the hormones. all i know is evertime i heard my cat howl at him i wanted to run out there and kill him.

~~~in your case maybe you should have a talk with your mom about it . she may be more understanding. i would def. find a friend to spend a few nights with to get some rest. at this point your family should be babying you not makin it harder.

I completely understand, where it's not exactly the same, we got our puppy when I had recently broken my foot, so I was in the same sort of situation...

Some ideas may be to get a small pen to keep the dog in (if that's possible)...maybe put it up in the middle of the floor where you are usually resting. This way, the dog will not be cooped up in a small claustrophobic cage, rather the dog will be able to walk around more freely and have more room to play with dogs to keep him occupied. Of course, a pen with sensible height is a must, because puppies can obviously jump right out of smaller pens.

Another idea, may be to put the dog on a leash inside, and simply hold onto the leash, or maybe hook it to the leg of the couch, giving the puppy controlled freedom.

Puppies are generally content with the ability to run around, getting into messes is simply, and frustratingly, a side affect of the running around. If you make sure that you give them the space to run around, but in a radius that doesn't have things they can mischievously ruin, hopefully your situation will improve.

I hope this helps! And I hope you get the help you deserve soon!

i really feel for you that must suck, to be honest if i were you i would say something to your parents, They should know full well that with a new born baby on the way the absolute LAST thing you need is another new born fuss potting around. dog or not. lol

if you dont want to deal with the parents. then the only option is to leave the dog outside all day and bring him in at night when someone else is home to deal with it. or like someone else said chuck him in the garage or some other far away place lol.

either way if you dont have a yard or other option, i would talk to your parents and explain how much you cant do it!

• Shauna

Take care of the dog to the extend of making sure it has food and water and let it go outside to play every once in a while. But let it go to the bathroom in the house. It won't hurt the dog to go inside only your parents, and leave it there for them to clean it up. Let the dog chew on stuff unless he is around your stuff then make sure he doesn't. If your dad is making it clear that it's his dog then it his stuff that will suffer. Just don't take it out on the dog because this isn't the dogs fault. So make sure it has food and water and can go out to get sun sometimes but besides that it's your dads problem. Good luck

Hire a teenager, there has to be one within walking distance of your house. Have the kid come over right after school and take care of the pup. Gate the house. If the puppy can see into the other rooms but still has at least one whole room to himself, he should be fine. Dogs bark and go nuts when locked in rooms and garages because they can smell and hear what is going on around them, but cannot see or confirm. If he is in a gated room he will do just fine.

Is doggy daycare a possibility? That sounds like a stressful situation so you should really just tell them that you can't do it. I'm only 30 weeks and there is no way I would be up to running around after a puppy that isn't even mine. And when the baby comes, that constant barking and squealing is going to not only wake the baby up but stress her/him (I'm sorry, I don't remember if you said whether the baby is a boy or girl!) out really bad and that's going to lead to super stress on you! Good luck on everything! Get a play yard for the doggie and put it outside maybe? I dunno...

Source(s): Mom of a three year old boy and 30 weeks pregnant with a girl

I think you should look for some financial assistance, such as welfare and find yourself your own appartment with your baby untill you can get on your feet, and just visit your parents house often for help if you need..

There is nothign wrong with doing something like that if it's absolutely necessary and for a limited period of time.. i lost my job a month before my probabtion period was up and found out i was pregnant a month after that... i wa sonly eligable for maternity and parental leave as of april considering my due date was may 12th (shes 4 days late) and so i had to go on financial assistance untill i was eligable for my benefits.

Im 20, and i love my mother shes my best friend, but living together is a big nono, i wouldn't be able to handle it. i need my own space and area. Maybe you should look into doing something liek that, i think you'd be much happier it sounds liek its a full house with your parents and what happens when your sister has her baby??

Source(s): 40w4d

Did you try putting the puppy outside chain him or her up for a little . I am not saying leave her him out there the whole time but get him or her a dog house and put a bowl of water and a bowl of food out for him or her . Now you will have to let him or her in but it will take him or her off your mind for a little . ANd maybe put her or him out when the baby is napping or something . Hope I helped !!!!

wow you really do have your hands full hun, how you manage to get down that far to take care of the puppy in the 1st place is amazing.

you could sit down with your dad and kindly in your sweet charming daughter way explain that the baby is due any day and your not feeling well , maybe he could get a dog walker or sitter?

good luck xx

• If you have a garage put it in there still take it out side to go to the bathroom but if it goes to the bathroom in there wait till your mom or dad gets home to pick it up, tell them your tired of taking care of it and you just want to relax before the baby comes, otherwise tie it up outside, then when your parents get mad tell them its your hormones :) good luck and congradulations with the baby