"Thats so gay" Offensive in every context?

To be honest, Im all for equal rights and all that hoopalah, but yea, I say "thats so gay". Is it really that offensive? Sorry if that seems ignorant, but I think a lot of smart good people say that, even if completely on accident. It bothers me when people point me out and correct me and make melook bad,... show more To be honest, Im all for equal rights and all that hoopalah, but yea, I say "thats so gay". Is it really that offensive? Sorry if that seems ignorant, but I think a lot of smart good people say that, even if completely on accident. It bothers me when people point me out and correct me and make melook bad, when i ment nothing bad by it.
Update: If it offends people so much to hear open questions, i wont do it in the future. I never knew that people where this close minded to open honest questions