Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationBoard Games · 1 decade ago

what fun board games to play?

please tell me fun games. NOT THE BOARD GAME CANDYLAND. piz no rude or bad comments!

Favorite Answer

You can play some very deep games like chess or Risk, where you can spend hours with friends looking over various positions etc.

Source(s): pastimes I play

One of our favorites is Carcasonne. It's a tile game, where each player tries to build cities, and roads to get points. There's a lot of random chance involved since each tile has only a part of a city, field or road on it, and you get the most points if you can complete a full city. There's a good amount of "co-opetition" where sometimes you're working against other players, but sometimes it's beneficial to help them. It's pretty easy to learn. The other game I'd recommend is more along the lines of a party game. It's called Apples to Apples. This game is so much fun, that I've played it my parents, my friends, and some younger people all at one time, and everyone enjoyed it. One person acts as the judge and flips over a card that has an adjective on it, like "pretty" or "sticky." Then the other players all play a noun "JFK," "The Moon Landing" "My Hair" and if they play the card that the judge picks, they get a point. The funny part comes in because you're not supposed to play the card that's the most accurate, but you have to guess what the judge wants, and try to play them. Plus, some of the nouns are pretty random. Board games are great, where else can you get that much fun over and over again for $20? Have fun!

Monopoly- Classic game, earn fake money

Life- Find a husband or wife, have kids, own a house, and retire

Scene It- In many different forms. MUST have a DVD player. The question could be for you only, or everyone.

Blockus-Colorful blocks placed on the board to earn the most territory

Risk- Kinda like Blockus but not

Monopoly is a great game, it's strategic and it could go on forever if you wanted it too. That's one of my favorites aside from CLUE, which is the one where you take turns guessing the person is describing. I don't like candyland ether. Or.. if you're like me.. try D&D, the best game ever.

Hotels, Game of Life (try Twist and Turns if you don't like the snake ladder game kinda thing), Monopoly, Taboo, and Panic. Best games I played so far!

Go

Known as Weiqi in China, Igo in Japan, Baduk in Korea, Co Vay in Vietnam.

simple rules, complex strategy, it's considered the most complex game in the world.

Settlers of Catan is not widely known, but you can buy it online. I have played many boardgames and like this much more than Monopoly, which can be frustrating to lose.

Mouse Trap?

Great board games are:

monopoly

cludeo

scrabble

trivia

guess who

for more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_board_games

• JLKR

Scrabble

Clue

Life

Monoply

Sorry