LGBT: I need some advice on how to handle this situation - what should I do?

I have a nephew that is about 11. He came out to his mother last year - now I don't know if he really is gay or not - it's still up for debate. Some have said he believes he is gay because his is small, a bit nelley, and is picked on a lot school. I can understand that he might be confused. My sister... show more I have a nephew that is about 11. He came out to his mother last year - now I don't know if he really is gay or not - it's still up for debate. Some have said he believes he is gay because his is small, a bit nelley, and is picked on a lot school. I can understand that he might be confused.

My sister (his mom) is VERY religious and has already made comments to that my partner and I might be a bad influence on him. Our presence might cause confusion for my nephew. Granted, she has a bit of a point. He is still trying to come to terms with who he is and needs to reach that conclusion on his own. I can respect that. I don't like it - because that means I can't be around him or part of his life. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Now, here's the thing. I go to baseball games often (Astros), because I really enjoy baseball and the whole experience of being at the ball park. My family knows this. My nephew is now in a baseball league (little league, I think). So, he now is really into baseball.

I got a voice mail 2 nights ago that said "I have a young man here that would REALLY like to go to a baseball game. Call me."

What the hell? I mean, I think it would be fantastic to take him to a game, but I don't see why his own parents don't do it. The cheap tickets are only $7, and there isn't one bad seat in the whole ball park.

I'm now torn. I don't know what I should do. I'm the cool uncle that has been known to take my nieces and nephews to events and spoil them rotten. I always want to make every experience the best it can, since I wasn't fortunate enough to have that myself as a child.

I need advice. I know that I probably should call my sister and discuss this with her, but I'm not too sure.

What would you do in this situation?

NO hate, please. I don't often ask questions that are of a serious nature, but would appreicate mature answers.

Thanks in advance.