Steven M asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

How can I add about 3 inches to my arm size in 3 months?

Hello folks, I am currently trying to add some decent size to my arms. Does anyone out there know what the best way to do this is? I am asking in reference to certain supplements / exercises to do. What frequency to do them, weight to use etc etc.

I have heard about fast twitch and slow twitch muscles but am not too certain how to train each. All help is appreciated.

Aye man

I went through this physically the last 4 months lol

i had 11 inch arms

weighed 55kg

was a twig lol

then i started going to the gym ate heaps and took Musashi Bulk protien. It allows you to bulk on weight while goto thse gym becaue it consits of about 50% carbs and 50% protien.

How i lifted weights. The reps i do are, 12,10,8,6,12.

Bicep curled,

10kg and did 12 reps

Waited a min

12.5kg and did 10 reps

Waited a min

15kg and did 8 reps

Waited a min

17.5kg and did 6 reps

Waited a min

10kg and did 12 reps

without any break i got a curly bar and held it in the middle and did 12 full curls. This is called supersets. I did this because it allowed me to keep a strain on my mucles and allow my mucles to rip therefore allowing mucles growth. The i did,

Middle hold Curly bar curl,

5kg and did 12 reps

Waited a min

7.5kg and did 10 reps

Waited a min

10kg and did 8 reps

Waited a min

12.5kg and did 6 reps

Waited a min

5kg and did 12 reps

Then without any break i would do hammer curls i would hold the curly bar with my palms facing the ground and keep my shoulders straight and raise only my hands. This worked my forearms.

i did,

hammer curl Curly bar

5kg and did 12 reps

Waited a min

7.5kg and did 10 reps

Waited a min

10kg and did 8 reps

Waited a min

12.5kg and did 6 reps

Waited a min

5kg and did 12 reps

Then i gobbled down a nice meal and took a serve of my protien drink.

in the starting i needed help lifting the weights so i got someone to help me but after a while your mucles get stronger and get used to the weight. when this does occur you increase the weight.

i always ended a set so if i got to 10 reps and needed to do 12 reps and couldnt do any more i would push my self and try to do that extra 2 reps.

And i would always mix around my routine by maybe doin a different style of bicep curl of maybe doin skull crushers to work my triceps.

as for the fast and slow twitch i dunno, i find that if it rips it grows, therefore if it burns it must be ripping or somehting.

in 4 months i gained 3 inches on my arms and only worked one part of my body at a time. So if i did arms i would not workout chest aswell and i didn't stay at the gym for like 3 hours i only stayed for like 1.5 hours max

Source(s): personal experiance

Congradulations! You're doing so good, and becoming so healthy. Have faith that you can continue this journey to the best & healthiest you can be. Hmm ... Plateua's need serious change to get out of. I would guess if no change is made then you would drop another 10 pounds in 4 to 5 months. To return to the healthy 2-3 pound loss will require changes. "Dieting" (Cantelope or grapefruit for max week) within the "Changing Your Life Style" can shock the metabolism to excel past this --- don't do it alone, seek guidance from doctor/ nutritionalist. An exercise change is also needed. I'd start lifting "Heavy Weights" Don't worry unless you're on steriroids or creatin, you won't look like a "She-Man". You may want to get a personal trainer and specify that you want to lift heavy weights. You'll be doing stuff like the boys ... bench press: 50-60 pounds to start (which usually is the bar) by doing 8 reps and 4 set's of the 8 reps. This weight lifting will jump start that metabolism and then you could possibly drop 32 Pounds in 4 months --- 40 pounds in 5 months. Best wishes, you can do anything if you love yourself.

well gain some muscle wight and do like bicep tricep shoulder chest and back exercises no more than 2 times a week because your muscles grow when you rest.i take a supplement called nitrotech. i think its working for me it tastes...decent and it has 20g of protein and a million nutrients per serving. i take that 3 times a day,2 servings once in the morning once in the after noon and one at my post workout. eat 6 meals a day and eats lots of protein healthy carbs and healthy fats. sleep ALOT and the weigh that u use will b determined when u go the gym so u can figure that out there. Best of luck!!

I'll try to help, I lift for strength, not for mass though.

My advise would be to do curls, dumb bell pullovers, bench, and other things like that. There's the old standby of pushups, do them both on your hands, and on your palms.

When pushups become to easy, do clapping pushups, they give more of a workout, and you can look cooler with them.

Make sure to balance out your triceps and your biceps, and try to do some chest.

I would advise going with 4 sets of 8 with each exercise.

In regard to supplements; I would advise Muscle Milk, from my personal experience, it's gotten me stronger and bigger.

I would say to not use Creatine though. Several friends have, and the mass is mostly water, and you can have joint pain, and kidney damage.

in order to do this you must learn how to text message on a cellular device such as a blackberry or palm because i wont work if you don't have vaginal cheese to tug on that son of-a gun!