How do you rename the file extension from .m4a to .m4r?

I currently have a m4a file on my desktop. I need to change the file extension to .m4r. How do I do this?

Thank you...I will definetly pick a "Best Answer".

Go to the folder click organize > folder and search options click the view tab and uncheck hide extension for known file types then right the file you want to change and click rename.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): rename file extension m4a m4r: https://tr.im/weisJ

M4a To M4r

• rowan

Mp3 To M4r

if you are trying to change from m4a to m4r and it will not allow you to change file extension, you have to 'uncheck' hide known extensions. Simply go to Control Panel=>Folder Options=>View Tab=>then uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types'=> click 'Apply'=>OK Then you will be able to change files from m4a to m4r

you will need to download a file to convert it like itunes converts Mp3's to ACC format.Go to google put m4a to .m4r convert software.you might have to pay for it.