Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

If I accidentally rented a foreign film instead of the english version of a movie?

From the adult bookstore down the street and I can't figure out how to turn the subtitles on will I get lost somewhere in translation? How will I know what's going on? Will I still get the point?

Or if you can help me turn the subtitles on please email & let me know...The description on the sticker on the bottom of my VCR says 1983 Betamax.

Thanks to all who respond!

Favorite Answer

LMAO!!!

Take notes, send them to me, then I'll tell you what's going on, you'll have to watch the movie again with my translation in front of you, is that okay to see it twice?

• Tammie

The Seventh Seal (Swedish: Det sjunde inseglet) an existential 1957 Swedish film directed by Ingmar Bergman about the journey of a medieval knight (Max von Sydow) across a plague-ridden landscape. Its best-known scene features the knight playing chess with the personification of Death, his life resting on the outcome of the game. The film has long been regarded a masterpiece of cinema. The title refers to a passage about the end of the world from the Book of Revelation, used both at the very start of the film, and again towards the end, beginning with the words "And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour" (Revelation 8:1). Bergman developed the film from his own play "Wood Painting".

I don't know if you can do subtitles with a VCR. I think it's time to invest in at least a DVD player, if not Blu-Ray...

So since you got it from the adult store, it's a porno film?

I mean....do you really need the subtitles? just saying

I can't help you with the subtitles but I would advise against licking the video cassette case.....trust me here.

A VCR?You probably still have a phonograph too..Get in with the times!

• Jamie

Options

Audio or sound adjustments

Subtitles

French English or Spanish

...

*Shakes head*

I thought the money shot was universal. I've always found it more enjoyable if you make up your own script and just do voice overs.

Ah, hell, Karen.

Let's just watch it together and make up the dialogue ourselves.

It was funny when we did Hamlet, wasn't it?

I'm sorry about that. Maybe call the video store and they can help you.