Internet Service Provider do they have the right to do this?

Hello yesterday or so I was about to go on the internet and my ISP popped up a message saying we will limit your speed from now on for the fairness of other users on our service. So I called up today and I said right whats going on cause my internet speed is now super slow and they said its part of a new system. We... show more Hello yesterday or so I was about to go on the internet and my ISP popped up a message saying we will limit your speed from now on for the fairness of other users on our service. So I called up today and I said right whats going on cause my internet speed is now super slow and they said its part of a new system. We are restricting our customers to 10gb per month f you want to upgrade to 20gb its 3 euro extra a month. So i said yes. Anyway I had unlimited access to the internet for the 2 years i got broadband and now all of a sudden its limited and slower. Whats my rights or do they have the right to do this. And should I leave them and move to someone else.