Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is this something all Christians could learn?

This question goes out to bilbo baggins.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=At4SR...

'Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.' - Thomas Jefferson

1. Bigoted Christians - Those who use their God to justify their own hate and intolerance, using the Bible as a reason to do things which they know are wrong. For example, making your eight year old son stand in the street holding a sign that says "God hates f*gs".

2. Amused Christians - those who consider themselves 'Enlightened' and transcend other humans who exhibit 'Logic' and consider them un-spiritual simpletons, while considering themselves morally superior.

3. Lazy Christians - People who steal, commit violence and do other bad things, and sleep easy at night thinking that praying to Jesus will pay for all their sins.

4. Afraid Christians - People who believe Pascal's Wager.

5. Fundamentalist Christians - People who believe everything that is said in a 2000 year old book, and ignores science 200 years old.

Also see Category number 1.

6. Hopeful Christians - People who pray, thinking they're helping the world when they're not really doing anything at all, as opposed to the people who actually do something about it. (And before you say anything, yes, there are atheist charity organizations.)

7. Wandering Christians - People who apparently have no other meaning or reason to be good other than to serve a perfect, jealous entity.

8. Destructive Christians - Search Sarah Palin on Google.

It's not as graceful a list as bilbo baggin's list (I got lazy after the first 2 or 3 categories), but at least I remember to include one additional category:

9. Loving Christians - People you can be friends with. The type who don't cause any problems for anybody, people that are genuinely good in spirit and don't let their own corruptions taint their religion which was meant to be good in spirit.

If you don't believe in stereotyping anybody, then by all means, insult and ridicule and report this question all you want and encourage other people, including other Christians to never stereotype someone again.

If you don't want to read the whole thing, then just read the last 2 or 3 paragraphs.

Again I ask all of you to read the last paragraph of the question.

Follow Jesus: In order for me to be here today I would have had to have 4,294,967,296 grandfathers 1000 years ago, assuming most of them had children by the age of 33.

A Good set of descriptions that fully illustrate why christianity has lost ten percent in less than a decade!!

Unless those in the first 8 categories can join the last one and rediscover the loving god and start to act like it the destruction of christianity from the insides will continue at an even faster rate!!

no because all these definitions are done by the world

they do not represent what being a christian really is.

current science only believes in the physical and denies God altogether

the act of questioning with out having factual evidence is a logical flaw that people do not understand.

To assume something does not exist because you can not find and physical proof is not always logical.

can you show physical proof that you had a grandfather that lived 1000 years ago?

No you would not be able to. That shows that the method used is flawed.

definite, you may enable. gaining expertise of the thank you to safeguard your self has no longer something to do with faith. it extremely is like asking if Christian human beings can common approaches to tension a motor vehicle or stitch a button. some martial arts instructors (it extremely is uncommon) will attempt to midsection their education around jap faith, so be finding out for that. base line, something that makes you uncomfortable, do no longer do it. common misconceptions: you will in all probability do a great variety of bowing. that's no longer a non secular component, that's a carry-over from Asian custom. A bow in Asia is nearly a handshake interior the West. you may could desire to handle somebody as "grasp". that's no longer a non secular component, and it has no longer something to do with servitude. fairly, that's a call indicating rank.

....okay.

I could write something similar about atheist too.

In regards to the Jefferson quote, lots of Christians question who God is. We question, and we receive an answer- that Jesus died for our sins and believing in Him grants us everlasting life.

We don't worship God because we fear Him, we worship Him because, we love Him, and we know that He loved us enough to come to earth in human form and die for us.

It's a relationship based on love and forgiveness, not fear.

• ?

I don't see where the question is in your statement.

You have put in a lot of thought to get the responsive outcry you crave.

And what type of stereotype are you? A hater of all thoughts and beliefs?

Edit: And again I ask what are you trying to get from this rhetorical question?

• I am simply, because He is.

I do not stereotype or judge or discriminate against anyone.

Live and let live!

I read the whole content of your question.

THE DEVIATION OF PAUL FROM JESUS PURE TEACHINGS IS GOING AGAINST HIS WARNING.

GO NOT UNTO THE WAY OF GENTILES RATHER GO TOTHE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

THINK NOT THAT I HAVE COME TO BREAK THE LAW OF THE PROPHETS I HAVE COME RATHER TO FULFILL THEM.

"2068 The Council of Trent teaches that the Ten Commandments are obligatory for Christians and that the justified man is still bound to keep them; the Second Vatican Council confirms: 'The bishops, successors of the apostles, receive from the Lord ... the mission of teaching all peoples, and of preaching the Gospel to every creature, so that all men may attain salvation through faith, Baptism and the observance of the Commandments.'"

2070. The Ten Commandments belong to God's revelation. At the same time they teach us the true humanity of man. They bring to light the essential duties, and therefore, indirectly, the fundamental rights inherent in the nature of the human person. The Decalogue contains a privileged expression of the natural law: "From the beginning, God had implanted in the heart of man the precepts of the natural law. Then he was content to remind him of them. This was the Decalogue" (St. Irenaeus, Adv. haeres. 4, 15, 1: PG 7/1, 1012).

2072. Since they express man's fundamental duties towards God and towards his neighbour, the Ten Commandments reveal, in their primordial content, grave obligations. They are fundamentally immutable, and they oblige always and everywhere. No one can dispense from them. The Ten Commandments are engraved by God in the human heart.[27]

Behold! The Disciples said: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Can thy Lord send down to us a Table set (with viands) from heaven?" Said Jesus:"Fear Allah, if ye have faith." {116} They said: "We only wish to eat thereof and satisfy our hearts, and to knowthat thou hast indeed told us the truth; and that we ourselves may be witnessesto the miracle." {117} Said Jesus the son of Mary: "O Allah our Lord! Send us from heaven a Tableset (with viands), that there may be for us--for the first and last of us--asolemn festival and a Sign from Thee; and provide for our sustenance, for Thouart the best Sustainer (of our needs)." {118} Allah said: "I will send it down unto you: But if any of you after thatresisteth faith, I will punish him with a penalty such as I have not inflictedon any one among all the peoples." {119} And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst say unto men,^Worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah^?" He will say: "Gloryto Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such athing, Thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart,though I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that ishidden." {120} "Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, towit, ^Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord^; and I was a witness over themwhilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcherover them, and Thou art a witness to all things."

Source(s):

www.islam-guide.com

www.thedeenshow.com

www.quranmiracles.com

'truth train' and 'wendy' help make a point here. it is too bad that they have had to do it by being an example of how we lower ourselves to the same levels that we try to make others out to be at.

no one wins in a race to the bottom.

In the Bible you willlllll find the truth read'it nowwwwwwwwww. before is to late.

I wonder how many atheists that will applaud this list would scream and cry and bash if this was a list of diff kinds of atheists based on the biased view of a Christian that doesnt have a very nice view of atheism.

Just food for thought!

edit

terry

I dont like to link, esp after those links that had viruses, but I am assuming that a Christian did this about an atheist.

Its stupid and wrong on both sides.

What just makes me laugh on this site is how many people will seriously applaud this kind of thing when its favorable on their side and then bash the other side when they do it, calling them all kinds of names.

The hypocrisy is just so blatant and yet so many people dont seem to see it. (on both sides)