promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Lisa asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

My boyfriend and I are coming up on our 1 year anniversary, I want to cook him dinner... Any suggestions?

Please note: neither of us eat seafood.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

Parmesan chicken with a side of Fettuccine alfredo

You need:For chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breast(thawed)

1 egg beaten with about 2 tbsp milk

1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (the powdered kind)

1 tsp garlic powder

1 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce

1 tbsp cooking oil

In a non stick skillet heat oil over medium heat

meanwhile combine1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (the powdered kind)

1 tsp garlic powder

dip chicken in egg mixture and then in bread crumb mixture

coat generously

brown in skillet until crispy on both sides

heat sauce and scoop 1/2 cup on each piece of chicken

Fettuccine alfredo

use a packaged kind or make your own

heres a recipie

FETTUCCINE ALFREDO

1 lb fettucine

1/2 cup butter

2 cloves garlic, chopped

2 1/2 cups light cream or half and half

1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon pepper

pinch of salt

Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt when water is boiling.

Add fettucine. Cook uncovered 10-12 minutes (or according to package directions). Drain; cover and set aside.

IN a large skillet, melt butter. Saute chopped garlic over medium heat for 1 minute.

Stir in 1 1/2 cups cream or half and half (half and half = half milk/half cream).

Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. When hot, stir in fettucine. Add remaining cream or half and half, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.

After 1-2 minutes, when pasta is hot, serve accompanied by extra cheese for sprinkling, if desired.

serve a nice chocolate mousse for dessert with fresh strawberries for garnish

to make an easy chocolate mouse

combine 1 small conatiner of cool whip and 1 package of chocolate pudding ( the powder) do NOT prepare the pudding

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You have plenty of ideas here so I am just going to say, the ones that will win his heart are the simple ones that allow YOU TO BE THERE. Don't pay more attention to the food than you do to him. I would go with Amanda's pot roast, Kashmir's kabobs, or the others that suggest simple dishes that don't fry your brain so there is nothing left of you when he gets there. Feed him and make sure you smell good. That's what he cares about.

If you want to toast some pecans the day before, buy a "spring mix" salad in the clamshell at the store, get some Brianna's dressing, the vinaigrette with the pic of the strawberry on the front, Feta cheese, and strawberries. Makes a great summer salad, and it's oh so easy. Crusty bread with real butter will get him all worked up too.

I'd go with Amanda or Kashmir with my salad.

There, I'm done.

• 1 decade ago

Broccoli Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo

Ingredients-

1/2 pound dry fettuccine pasta

1 cup fresh chopped broccoli

2 tablespoons butter

1 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions-

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, adding broccoli for the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain.

Cut chicken breast meat into bite size pieces, trimming any fat off in the process. In a large skillet melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until well browned. Add soup, milk and cheese and stir all together. Add pasta/broccoli mixture and heat through. Serve hot.

• 1 decade ago

Make Kabobs of Chicken/steak with potatoes, red/yellow peppers, mushrooms. Its easy because you have your meat, starch AND veggie all made at once, and its not messy to eat and no after affects (gas/bad breath... Etc). You can make a nice salad to go with it or not, maybe french bread, and a mango salsa for ontop of the chicken/shrimp. Marinate the meat the night before in a plastic bag or tupperware and you can even cut up the veggies too. This will allow you more time to get ready for your romantice dinner, be it getting dressed, doing your hair, cleaning, or decorating... Etc :DD. Good luck and I hope that helps!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • amora
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Bistecca alla Florentine

* 2 boneless new york strip steaks 1 inch thick

* 2 lemons

* 2 tablespoons olive oil

* salt and pepper to taste

Pour the juice of one lemon in a shallow baking dish. Cut the other lemon into 8 wedges. Place steaks in dish and coat on both sides. Preheat grill to high. Grill steaks to desired doneness (about 7-8 minutes per side for medium rare). Remove from grill let rest for 2 minutes then slice across the grain into strips about 1/2 inch thick. Place on serving platter and drizzle with olive oil and the juice from two of the lemon wedges. Salt and pepper. Serve with a lemon wedge.

Source(s): yum!
  • 1 decade ago

Aww well congrats on one year :) Same here... our one year anniversary is in two weeks!!

If he is like every other guy out there, then he loves steak! with a baked potato/potato salad, corn on the cob, baked beans and sweet rolls... then you could serve him chocolate covered strawberries for dessert :) mmm. I might just steal that idea :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go Out! Treat him to a nice meal.

If you have waited a year to cook for him, this is the only choice you have. He must be a really tolerant guy to stay around for a year without a home cooked meal.

• CH
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Pork butt roast slow cooked in Cream of Mushroom Soup and potatoes.

• 1 decade ago

Make a super easy pot roast. Place the roast in a crockpot with potatoes and carrots with water and those buollion cubes (spelling??). You can have a bottle of wine or beer (depends on preference). Also you can make homemade chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert.

Or make his favorite meal from scratch with homemade cookies

Source(s): been married for 9 years
  • 1 decade ago

If your gift to him is dinner, I would make him his favorite dish ... one that you also like.

Here's a sample menu that I might serve

Puff pastry straws wrapped with prosciutto

Champagne or sparkling wine

Individual bacon-wrapped filet mignon

Twice-baked potatoes

Roasted asparagus

Favorite wine

Profitteroles with chocolate sauce & vanilla bean ice cream

Coffee

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.