Does anybody else think that inanimate objects have feelings, even though you know they really don't?

I seem to have a bit of a problem.. mainly with "feeling" for inanimate objects. For example, I got my phone upgraded after 20 months yesterday and felt this horrible guilt for abandoning my old phone, like I'm afraid I'm hurting it's feelings or something. Yeah, I know - it's insane.... show more I seem to have a bit of a problem.. mainly with "feeling" for inanimate objects.

For example, I got my phone upgraded after 20 months yesterday and felt this horrible guilt for abandoning my old phone, like I'm afraid I'm hurting it's feelings or something. Yeah, I know - it's insane. But I truly feel really bad for getting a new phone. I still have my old one, but every time I look at it, I just feel this pit in my stomach.

I also had a dream about a month ago that my parents were selling my car because the economy is bad. The people came to pick it up, and I told my parents "You can't get rid of it, it's like a child to me!" and when I woke up, my eyes were all teary and I had been crying in my sleep.

I also feel towards my stuffed animals. I had a TON of TY beanie babies that I had from when I was little but never wanted to get rid of (Out of guilt) and I put them in space saver bags, and wanted to cry as I was using the vacuum to suck the air out of the bags. I felt horrible.

Does anybody else have this problem? If so.. does anybody know if it's some sort of mental disorder or something?? :(
Update: Thanks everyone :) Glad to know I'm not alone.

I still feel a bit crazy though, especially since this commercial (The Ikea lamp one in case you've seen it) made me cry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I07xDdFMdgw

Unfortunately, I'm not joking. :( Broke my heart!