Victoria asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

how to cover cuts without wearing long sleeves?

yeah. I know its bad.

I'm trying to stop.

but its like a BAZILLION degrees

and long sleeves are killing me.

I tried makeup but it looks awkward because

I have to put a s***load on.

PLEASE help

Favorite Answer

I like Ashley's idea, about wearing bracelets or a watch.

Ok, I know you probably don't want to hear this, but please, stop cutting. I know I don't really understand why people cut, because I don't cut, but I do know a bit of information of the topic.

-When you cut your wrist, a chemical is released throughout your body that makes you feel good. This means that you're most likely doing this to feel better, and its like a drug. It gets addicting, relying on cutting your wrists to feel better. I have a few tips on how to stop, though.

-Just try not to think of it as a big deal. Just keep yourself busy doing other activities, to distract yourself.

-I heard that snapping rubber bands on your wrist gives off the same effect. Try replacing cutting with this rubber band snapping.

Hope this helped.

Quick Fix Bandages, Gauze, tights, leggings, bracelets Cosmetics Fine a Concealer that is most close to your skin tone and apply it on the parts you want to cover. Reducing Scars - Cocoa butter, rub it couple of times daily on your scars it will hell with the discoloration specially if you are dark skinned. - Tanning beds help diminish the appearance temporarily. - Bio-oil, gets rid of the pinkness of the scars Permanent Solutions - Skin Graphs - Tattoos

I like the idea of bracelets. Though, from experience they can be hot too. At least for me make up never worked either, it still shows the scars. I am glad that you want to stop, and when you think of your scars try to think of it how I do

Survivor Scars!!!!!!! You survived whatever it is that is making you cut.

Concealer, but not the liquid kind. It might not make them invisible, but it can make them look like scars if you do it right. Just have to make sure it blends in well with your skin tone. That's what I used to do when I cut. But yeah, try to get help.

please, stop cutting. i wrote an essay on self-mutialtion and you could die. it's a bad thing to do.

long sleeves might be the noyl way. but you could try those thin, elbow long gloves. they make 'em in all different colors.

bracelets? like the jelly kind like get a bunch of them? or a watch or like a thick bracelet? i dono

• Hello

don't. That will get you the help you need. Say "mom/dad/teacher/friend/legal guardian, I need to show you something," and show them.

band aids cover them pretty well...

oh you mean hide them er... uhh..?

you can get the breezy kind like they wear in india...

its crazy but i have a solution, you stop. or get a tattoo