promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is your favourite film ever?

Want to download somethign good to watch tonight, so whats your favourite film of all time?

45 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Gone with the Wind

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

1. Lord of The Rings (Trilogy; all three)

2. Anchorman

3. Old School.

4. Semi-Pro

All awesome films, and 2 - 4 include Will Ferrel!

Source(s): Me.
  • 1 decade ago

Cinema Paradiso - Director's Cut (1988)

Told in flashback, it tells the story of the return to his native Sicilian village of a successful film director Salvatore for the funeral of his old friend Alfredo, who was the projectionist at the local "Cinema Paradiso". Ultimately, Alfredo serves as a wise father figure to his young friend who only wishes the best to see him succeed, even if it means breaking his heart in the process.

The film intertwines sentimentality with comedy, and nostalgia with pragmaticism. It explores issues of youth, coming of age, and reflections (in adulthood) about the past. The imagery in each scene can be said to reflect Salvatore's idealised memories about his childhood. Cinema Paradiso is also a celebration of films; as a projectionist, young Salvatore (a.k.a Totò) develops the passion for films that shape his life path in adulthood.

Cinema Paradiso was a critical and box-office success and is regarded by many as a classic. It is particularly renowned for the famous 'kissing scenes' montage near the end of the film. It won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Film in 1989. The film is often credited for reviving Italy's film industry which later produced Mediterraneo and Life is Beautiful.

• 1 decade ago

Currently it's Donnie Darko

try the The Departed,Slumdog Millionaire

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Beyond The Law (1992)

• 1 decade ago

Free Willy.

Always!

It's got a beautiful soundtrack, a lovely message and i'm pretty obsessed with orcas :)

People take the piss out of me, but it's a film that always makes me feel total inner happiness.

If you want quite a sad but sweet film, maybe try In America?

• Lana
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Wanted, Hancock, Titanic, A Walk To Remember.

• 1 decade ago

If you want a good cry, watch Tae Guk Gi. (It's a korean film. It's the only movie I have ever cried in. It's about two brothers protecting eachother through the korean war.

• Luke
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Gladiator

• 1 decade ago

Moulin Rouge

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.