Do drugs/narcotics help Christians hear and understand their God clearer?

I'm atheist and I've never heard this God creature ever speak to me, but then again I don't do drugs/narcotics, so I'm wondering if that helps.

"Scientifically speaking, those who have a strong faith are less likely to be involved with substance use or abuse."

strange, as statistics all seem to show the opposite

Favorite Answer

Or so they think.

Scientifically speaking, those who have a faith are less likely to be involved with substance use or abuse.

Maybe it would help if you knew that "God's voice" isn't necessarily audible. It could be likened to your conscience- a very distinct pushing in one direction- times about 1000.

God probably doesn't waste his time talking to those who don't listen (even though I'm afraid I just did...)

Edit: Give me some time and I'll get you some legitimate research that says so (legitimate research, not the wikipedia crap). This was the topic of my master's thesis, so I know what I'm talking about. In the mean time, I'd love to see your studies claiming the opposite.

Repetitive mantras and sensory depriving prayer sessions are used by mainstream religion instead of drugs. The effect is similar but much weaker. That and the strong desire for god to be real helps them manifest religious hallucinations.

The idea that christians are weak-minded is wrong. I have seen and felt the concentration that they can put into manifesting. Couple this with a charismatic personality and it is easy to see why so many believe that they are seeing something supernatural in these people.

Source(s): * no religious belief implied Ex-christian.

Don't worry - when you die - when your body dies - you will stand before God on Judgment day, and you'll hear Him clear enough. Sadly for you, however, all your mocking, all your rebellious attitudes, etc, will be used against you. Everything you think say and do will be used as evidence against you, and there will be no plea bargaining, there will by no shyster lawyers to circumvent the Moral Law of God, and there will be no excuses. You'll hear God loud and clear when He pronounces sentence against you!

Of course, you COULD ask Him to forgive you now, while your body still lives and breathes, and then you'll start hearing His voice as He gives you new direction, meaning and purpose. THEN when your body dies, you'll hear Him loud and clear saying, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of the Lord." Otherwise, you'll hear Him say, "Depart from me, you who work iniquity!" Which one you hear is your choice, based on your decisions here on earth.

It helps lots, but Bush claimed that he was NOT using drugs when God told him to invade Iraq and steal oi..I mean bring democracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHSiqQpg7Uc

Youtube thumbnail

BTW, Bush admitting torture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp4vLBvU1bA

Youtube thumbnail

• .

Some cultures used to use something similar for spiritual journeys etc...

I think Christians are so convinced of their being right that they don't need them though.

You are being disingenuous. God speaks through His Holy Bible.

• have you ever asked him to speak to you

go and ask him with a humble and honest heart to speak to you and he will

No, but the delusion does.

seriously. do you think god would talk to you if you speak against him every day. anyway, u got to be LISTENING to hear God, duh.