♥ Danielle asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

I'm feeling so guilty about my 6 week old kitten....?

I got her Saturday and I love her so much, she is so cute and I can tell she likes me too. I've been asking questions about her on here and people keep telling me she is too yound to be away from her Mom. She is eating good, using the litter box, she is playing, she a little skiddish right now but she seems content. But I'm feeling like a kidnapper b/c of the answers I'm getting...one person told me it's criminal for her to be away from her Mom at such a young age. Is she going to be okay? Do you think she is going to be tramatized? I feel so bad b/c I love her and want the best for her and I want her to be a healthy kitty:(

Sorry catlover...it's not an option for her to go back with the Mom...if that was the case she would still be there.

Thanks for all the advice, you made me feel a little better. I know it wasn't my wrong doing about her leaving the Mom so soon but I still feel bad for her...I couldn't imagine being a baby and being taken away from my Momma and put in a strange new place.I just love her and don't want her to be sad:( I am giving her lots of loves and cuddles though!

Oh, and I wish I could get her a friend or a litter mate to play with but that isn't really an option either:( I can't afford it b/c of the security deposits my apartment is asking for and the vet costs.

no she should be just fine. don't worry about what others are telling you. kittens are separated from their mothers often, yes it probably would be easier for the kitten to be with the mother but she'll be just fine! just gives her tons of loves! =]

good luck!

You asked a question about what age a cat needs to be a while back and we all told you 8-12 weeks. You even said that it was because it was your coworker. It was a problem with the husband I believe (i can always go back and look, because I know I answered it). you were between a rock and a hard place. God only knows what would have happened to the kitten if you hadn't taken her, but on the other hand YES she was too young to be taken, but that wasn't your decision. It was your irresponsible friend who couldn't grow a pair and stand up to her husband. She is going to have it rough for a bit, I would suggest getting her a friend, an older kitten who can teach her a bit more effectively than you can how to behave as a cat. Something to consider.

You're not a kitty kidnapper. She will be just fine. I got two kittens when they were 3 weeks old because a lady was going to drown them. I took them in and raised them. I had to bottle feed them, play with them, and everything. As long as you take care of her and do what you feel is best for your little kitten she will grow up and be healthy. My two cats are ornery when they want to be and very very healthy. The vet at first told me that he wasn't sure that they would live because they were so sick and now they are in perfect condition. Japs is a little bit fat but she is still in perfect condition. Being away from their mom made them a little skiddish, but I took the time to make sure they were alright and take care of them and now they are just fine.

Your kitten will get less skiddish after some time, and its okay that your kitten is only 6 weeks old when you got her, just as long as you care for her.

Ideally she should have stayed with her mother for 8 weeks. However, if the owner of the mother is that stupid not to know that fact, the kitten is clearly better off with you. By 6 weeks they are eating soft kitten food anyway. My family has fostered kittens who still needed milk supplement (orphaned kittens). They turned out fine.

It's OK. She won't be traumatized. Would be nice if you got her a playmate from the same litter though so she has someone else to play with as she grows. Otherwise, you need to make sure you spend a lot of time with her to socialize her to humans and to keep her entertained.

to end exploding on an harmless creature! i do no longer in all likelihood like cats, besides the fact that, her behaviour is surely injustified -no count what the kitten did, it particularly is basically a kitten, you be conscious of!- and if she feels to blame, nicely finished! She merits it! on the subject of the circulate to to the vet, i ask your self, why she hasn't taken her puppy to the vet yet! whilst does she anticipate to pay a circulate to to the widespread practitioner? whilst the kitten would be ineffective? Sorry for being aggressive, yet I do hate all form of violence exercised on harmless victims! you're a solid pal.

Yeah well the people u asked gave u the rigth sorta advice but don't worry , if she looks happy and healthy then she'll be fine.I just got an abandoned kitten yesterday at only 3 weeks old and she is fine.

Make sure you keep her warm and feed her well

Hope she''s okay and dont worry

Awwwh. My dog had found a litter of kittens in my backyard, and we kept one. She was so little we had to feed her out of a bottle. My kitty grew up fine. She is now almost 2 years old and is like any other cat.

Source(s): Experience.
  • eve

Your kitten will be fine.

All cats are different. But generally it will be fine. I got my kitten at that age, and she is perfectly fine. She is very energetic and playful and shes almost 6! Just keep giving it love and everything will be ok.

Keep the faith.

:)

• ted j

Some kittens have no problems, some have trouble accepting the change. 8 weeks is better.

no i think thats is fine thats how old i got my kitten she is 5 months old now. if she is acting fine i dont think you should fell guilty.

xxx