I'm Losing Faith In God... Help!?

I really don't know why I'm losing faith in God. But I've been thinking lately, did he/Jesus ever even existed? I really don't wanna be an Atheist but I don't know why I'm losing faith. I had quite a lot of problems lately, about a girl(I expected so much, but I failed to get her to be in my life), about my parent(my dad, I still have to wait 3-4 years till I get to be with him permanently), and other problems that made me lose faith. Please help! Tell me some things so I could bring up my faith again. Oh and by the way, I haven't gone to the church since Christmas, but I pray everyday.... Thnks!

P.S. I'm 14 year old teenage guy

Wow lots of people are trying to turn me atheist but a majority is pushing me to be a believer

Favorite Answer

Sometimes we all go through moments when our faith is tested and that seems like what must be happening. I've had a lot of moments like this. I think that it's important to go through test like these because they help push you to make a personal relationship with God. No one is going to be able to help you get your faith back. You just have to pray and look to the word for guidance. Just hold on and keep praying. God never leaves you even when you start to walk away from Him.

• klamn

Losing Faith In God

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I'm Losing Faith In God... Help!?

I really don't know why I'm losing faith in God. But I've been thinking lately, did he/Jesus ever even existed? I really don't wanna be an Atheist but I don't know why I'm losing faith. I had quite a lot of problems lately, about a girl(I expected so much, but I failed to...

Source(s): 39 losing faith god help: https://tr.im/2lW9P

As far as your wondering if Jesus ever even existed, there's no question it has been documented through many other sources besides the Bible. A book that's interesting to read is A Case for Christ (try the teen version its shorter) which was written by a journalist who set out to prove the Bible wrong and got saved in the process. As far as your problems go, have you ever heard of a blessing in disguise? Sometimes what we think is what we want isn't actually the best for us in the long run. Even really difficult and sad things can help make us stronger. Keep praying and don't ignore your doubts do some investigating. If you have a youth group at your church you may want to get involved you can have other people your age to talk to about these feelings, have some fun, and meet some other girls:)

Oh boy, if only people paid attention to the scriptures, they'd see HOW Jesus NEVER EVER berated a woman, belittled them! Come on, the guy was contesting every abusive law of the religious authorities of his time. Do you really think that God intended for women to be ad vitam aeternam mistreated and humiliated by men? The same God who put a sign on Cain so that he won't be killed, even after he cursed him for killing his brother? God loves and treats every one equally. I had my issues with that whole "being submissive to your husband" part, especially having brought up in a culture where men treat women like pieces of **** and women allow them to do so because they were told that it's their role to be "subservient", oops, "submissive." However, St Paul said that both Christians, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, have to be submissive to each other. So, I guess, you see where I am going with that. He also said that men were the head of the household (I won't even start with the cultural historical context here) JUST LIKE Jesus was the head of the church. Did Jesus see to be a despot to you? The guy who washed his disciples' feet and sometimes cooked for them? The good shepherd who is ready to move everything to find one lost sheep? That's what people, LOTS OF MEN DO NOT GET: being the chief means HAVING TONS OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS towards the people who are under you. You owe them not the way around. They'll be submissive to you because they know you will protect them WITHOUT abusing your power and that you're ACCOUNTABLE of the charge given to you. So DO NOT LOSE FAITH IN GOD because human beings had the audacity to pervert his words and commandments for their own benefits. God's a feminist: he wants men and women to have the same rights.

Is God taking these things away from you? In life we are given free will, to accept or reject what God gives. At fourteen there was a girl but I can not even see her face now, there has been several girls or women in my life (I am 67).

What is your faith, if he does not let you have this girl then you will not believe in him? Sounds as if your parents are divorced and you want to live with your father but you can not until you are eighteen. Maybe there is a reason but only the future will answer that.

Instead of asking for things in prayer turn it around and pray for God's Will to be done. See what the future holds for you.

Look into your heart and see the right there and know that Jesus existed there from the very first moment. Fourteen is an easy year for Satan to take seed. He sows the seed of self first. He gives you all the temptations of the world and takes them away. He dangles the promise of girlfriends and reunion with your dad and then takes them away. He wants to make you feel inadequate so that you can see God as inadequate. But it is all a lie. Think back and know that you were the most confident when you knew that God and Jesus were walking and dwelling inside you. They never left. It is just the fog of temptation that keep you in darkness. God is still there beyond the darkness. He lets you know that with the little right voice inside of you. It always spoke true. It still and will always speak true. God is the rock you can anchor and lash yourself to when the storms come. He has always had faith and been faithful to you. Listen to him now. Right now you are in the devil's holding pattern. Listen to that right voice and Satan will disappear step by step, breath by breath, temptation by temptation, fear by fear to be replaced with the breath that always loved you. Believe, listen, read his word and do what he says and your victory is guaranteed.

† Equitable Prayer Warrior †

Don't ever ever ever lose faith! No matter how much you think god/jesus has abandoned you, he hasn't. He loves you with an everloving and unconditional love. You may not think this or know this right now, but trust me it's true. If you keep your faith in god, one day he will repay you and you will be blessed. Just whatever you do, don't stop believing!! Pray everyday and try to go to church every sunday if you can.

• We must first acknowledge that the difference between us and God is greater than the difference between us and, say, a bear. Then, imagine a bear in a trap and a hunter who, out of sympathy, wants to liberate him. He tries to win the bears confidence, but he can't do it, so he has to shoot the bear full of drugs. The bear, however, thinks this is an attack and that the hunter is trying to kill him. He doesn't realize that this is an attack and that this is being done out of compassion. Then, in order to get the bear out of the trap to release the tension on the spring. If the bear were semiconscious at that point, he would be even more convinced that the hunter was his enemy who was out to cause him suffering and chaos. But the bear would be wrong. He reaches this incorrect conclusion because he's not a human being. Now, how can anyone be certain that's not an analogy between us and God? I believe God does the same to us sometimes, and we can't comprehend why he does the same to us sometimes, and we can't comprehend why he does it any more than the bear can understand the motivations of the hunter. As the bear could have trusted the hunter, so we can trust God.

Some people think that faith means lack of doubt, but that's not true. One of my favorite Bible texts is about the man who comes to Jesus with his demon-possessed son, hoping that the boy would get healed. Jesus says all things are possible to those who believe. And the man's response is so powerful. He says, "I believe, but would you help me with my unbelief?" Oh, man! I can really connect with that! So doubt and faith can co-exist. It means you can have doubts even when you believe. That was even true of Abraham. He clearly believed, but at the same time, he had doubts. You can see that by what he did at times and what he said. Now, I don't know where you cross the line corrosive, eroding, there's probably no healthy faith.

I think doubt can actually play a positive role. I always get a little nervous at what I call the 'true believer' mentality, people with bright smiles and glassy eyes who never had a doubt in the world, who always think everything's wonderful, everything's great. I don't think they run in the same world I do. I'm afraid of what's going to happen to them when something bad occurs. For example, I know a physician whose four-year-old child was stricken with cancer. I remember many nights when forty of fifty people would jam into a house to fervently pray for that child. Some of them thought, "Of course he's going to be healed because we prayed." And he was not, it devastated them. Their theology had been misguided and unexamined. It had never been challenged by doubts or thoughtful questions. Doubts could have helped the developed a more substantial and realistic faith, to trust God in the face of death and not just in the face of healing.

You see, a faith that's challenged by adversity or tough questions or contemplations is often a stronger faith in the end.

On the whole, the gospels as excellent sources. As a matter of fact, they're the most trustworthy, complete, and reliable sources for Jesus. The incidental sources don't really add much detailed information; however, they are valuable as corroborative evidence.

Edit: It is quite difficult to know where to start, because actually the evidence for Jesus is so massive that, as a potential historian, I want to say we have got almost as much good evidence for Jesus as for anyone in the ancient world. Obviously there are some characters from the ancient world for whom we have statues and inscriptions. On the other and, we have statues of gods and goddesses in the ancient world too, and so you can never quite be sure. But in Jesus' case, the evidence all points firmly back to the existence of this great figure in the twenties through to around thirty of the first century. And the evidence fits well with what we know of the Judaism of the period, even though much of it was eventually written down a generation later, that I think there are hardly any historians today, who doubt the existence of Jesus. There are one or two. A man call G.A. Wells is the only one who made much of it recently. From time to time you get someone like J.M. Allegro, who a generation ago wrote a book on the basis of the Dead Sea Scrolls saying that Christianity was all about a cult of sacred mushroom. No Jewish, Christian, ath9est, or agnostic have ever taken seriously since. It is quite clear that in fact Jesus is very, very well documented character of real history. So I think that question can put to rest.

Sometimes people go through tough times and at times like that do majority of people start losing their faith.Whether it is something small or large there is a God.I have one motto"If you believe you can achieve".It's plain and simple but right to the point.The point is if you believe that God will help you overcome your obstacles keep trusting God and your faith will get stronger.Go to church,read your bible,Do a devotional,

Scriptures

Observe

Apply

Prayer

find a life group or cell group

I think that is part of the problem.We can do our spiritual part with prayer but we have to be physical with our faith too like hearing the word from your pastor,take notes,and study the word.

Source(s): Life Experience as a Christian