Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 1 decade ago

Poor car radio reception.?

I recently bought a second hand 2002 Nissan Pulsar. After giving it a good clean on the weekend (I put the antenna down for this) I now have poor radio reception for no apparent reason. Before I washed it I did not notice any bad reception. Any ideas??

Yes, I put the antenna back up.

Favorite Answer

i would reccomend pulling out the radio and checking the connection in the back. if it is ok then try getting a new antenna

• keeven

Seeing as AM isn't more advantageous by utilising an antenna, there is probable some thing internally with the radio that is affecting the reception of your AM radio. maximum radio's synthetic right this moment don't have an mind-blowing AM tuner. loads of the technologies is going into getting better FM reception as AM isn't used as appreciably. If the radio is an oem one, examine all your connections, exceptionally your floor connections. no count if it fairly is a production unit unit, attempt putting an oem unit in (just to attempt) and notice if the AM reception improves. They do have AM boosters you ought to purchase and deploy with your radio, nonetheless I even have in no way used one and can't say for particular no count if or no longer they artwork or no longer.

Did you put the Antenna back up?