Why do people believe in God when he's not real?

And it's not an opinion, it's a fact. One man cannot create the world no matter what anyone says. It's scientifically impossible. I think religion is a complete waste of time and that people only believe in 'God' because they want something to believe in to give their life a meaning. Am I... show more And it's not an opinion, it's a fact. One man cannot create the world no matter what anyone says. It's scientifically impossible.

I think religion is a complete waste of time and that people only believe in 'God' because they want something to believe in to give their life a meaning. Am I correct?
Update: Exactly, it's just like Santa. People only believe in these sort of things to brighten up thier lives, even though there is no possible meaning behind it. I don't care whether God was a man, woman, animal or plant to be honest. There is no heaven, clearly. When you die, that's it. You don't come... show more Exactly, it's just like Santa. People only believe in these sort of things to brighten up thier lives, even though there is no possible meaning behind it.

I don't care whether God was a man, woman, animal or plant to be honest. There is no heaven, clearly. When you die, that's it. You don't come back as a ghost or whatever.
Update 2: Haha. I can't believe people are telling me that I'm the one with issues. I think unintelligent people believe in God because clearly they are not sane if they think he's real. If I can't prove that he doesn't exist then why don't you prove he does? Exactly. You can't because it's... show more Haha. I can't believe people are telling me that I'm the one with issues. I think unintelligent people believe in God because clearly they are not sane if they think he's real. If I can't prove that he doesn't exist then why don't you prove he does? Exactly. You can't because it's all fake. I can't prove that he doesn't exist if there's nothing to go on. =\
Update 3: By the way, I feel really sorry for those who do believe in him. I'm actually laughing my head off and some of the comments haha.

eligion causes more bad things than good to this world.