What does the bible tells us about jesus?

The Bible tells us that Jesus is a prophet like Moses. Jesus said many times to children of Israel that he is the prophet like Moses and he is fulfilling that prophecy “The LORD said to me(Moses): I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account. But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death" Deuteronomy 18:18-22 (NIV)Jesus was a true prophet so he must be saved by GOD.

He is a prophet like Moses 2- He will not be killed, nor crucified like Moses 3- Moses didn’t call for trinity, so Jesus the prophet didn’t call for trinity 4- Moses was sent only to the children of Israel, so Jesus the prophet of God "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel" Matthew 15:24 He is not the prophet coming to the world

Isaia has the same characters as Jesus, read: "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD. Isaiah 59:21 (NIV)

Mathew told us the following in his gospel “The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee" Matthew 21:11 (NIV

Luke told us that 2 of Jesus disciples said the following in his gospel "About Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people” Luke 24:20 (NIV)

The gospel of John tells us that Jesus was sent by God “Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me” John 4:34 (KJV)

Gospel of John tells us that Jesus was sent by God “Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me” John 7:16 (KJV

Gospel of John tells us that Jesus was sent by God “And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me” John 11:42 (KJV

Gospel of John tells us that we have to believe in God who send Jesus and in Jesus who had been sent by God “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life” John 5:24 (KJV)

The gospel of Mathew tells us that Jesus was a prophet “This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee” Matthew 21:11 (KJV)

Jesus is the central figure of Christianity. He said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me," (John 14:6). Also, Jesus claimed to be God in flesh. If you compare what God said to Moses in Exodus 3:14 ("And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”) with what Jesus said in John 8:58 (Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am,"), then you quickly see that Jesus was claiming to be God. In fact, others testified that He was divine as well:

John 20:28, "Thomas answered and said to Him, 'My Lord and my God!'"

Col. 2:9, "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."

Heb. 1:8, "But of the Son He says, “Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever..."

Jesus is the second person of the Trinity. He is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God...And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth," (John 1:1-2,14). Because the word was with God and was God and became flesh, we then state that Jesus has two natures: divine and human. Therefore, Christianity teaches that Jesus is both God and man at the same time. The reason that he is God in flesh is because only God can atone for our sins; we can't do it on our own because we are finite, sinful beings and we cannot please an infinitely holy God. Jesus had to be a man to be able to die for humanity. This means that Jesus took our place on the cross; that is, He took our place and suffered the wrath of God the Father. If you trust in what Christ has done, then you will be saved from the righteous judgment of God. More on that next.

God is infinitely holy, sinless, and just. When we sin, when we do something contrary to God's will, then we have offended God. Since He is infinite, our offense against Him takes on an infinite quality -- because of who we have offended: an infinite God. Since no person can please an infinite God (because we are finite and sinners) then the only one left to remove our sins is God Himself. Therefore, Jesus is God in flesh, the one who died on the cross, bore our sin in his body (1 Pet. 2:24), and physically rose from the dead.

Right now, in heaven, Jesus is still in the form of a man: "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," (1 Tim. 2:5). Jesus rose from the dead in the same body he died in: "Jesus answered and said to them, 'Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.' 20 The Jews therefore said, 'It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?' 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22 When therefore He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture, and the word which Jesus had spoken," (John 2:19-21). Also, He retained the wounds of His crucifixion after He rose from the dead: "Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing,” (John 20:25). Forty days after His resurrection He ascended into heaven bodily: "And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight," (Acts 1:9). He will return again from the heavens, and will judge the world and all people: "This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven," (Acts 1:11). Yet, at the same time, He is still divine, "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," (Col. 2:9).

Jesus never did anything wrong. He performed many miracles such as healing, casting out demons, walking on water, calming a storm with the command, raising people from the dead, and rising from the dead himself. Though there have been many great teachers throughout history, none of them have performed such miracles and claimed to be divine as Jesus claimed. This is why we can believe Him when He says, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me," (John 14:6).

We trust what Jesus said. Therefore...

Jesus is prayed to - Acts 7:55-60; 1 Cor. 1:2 with Psalm 116:4; (John 14:14)

Jesus is worshipped - Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; John 9:35-38; Heb. 1:6

Jesus cleanses from sin - 1 John 1:9

Jesus forgives sins - Matt. 9:1-7; Luke 5:20; 7:48

The Bible tells us some things that will be going on in the last days, so we can keep watch and be ready for His return. But Jesus specifically said no man will know the day or the hour, but only the Father. So keep watch, be ready.

1 John 1

1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 2

22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Right, he was a prophet and he himself declared his own mission in Luke 4:43... God sent him to teach the gospel. And of course his gospel was not about blood for sin as we hear these days. Click on my avatar if you want an explanation for this answer.

Jesus is the Son of God

The Bible teaches us that Jesus and God are one. In John 10:30, Jesus clearly says " I and the Father are one."

I believe Islam is a counterfeit religion meant to distract from the only way of salvation--Jesus Christ, Son of God. Mohammad is a false prophet because Islam does not accept that Jesus is the son of God. Islam teaches that Jesus was only a great prophet and not the Son of God, but Jesus must be the son of God, here is the reasoning:

1) either Jesus is who he says he is, the Son of God, and Islam is wrong.

or

2) Jesus was a raving lunatic. For no great prophet of God would also blaspheme God by declaring himself the Son of God. Jesus cannot be a great prophet and a great liar at the same time!!!

Jesus himself declared before multiple witnesses that he is the son of God (Jesus cannot be a great prophet if he also blasphemes God):

Matthew 26:63-64

63But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God." 64"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Mark 14:61-62

61But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer. Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?" 62"I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Luke 22:70

70They all asked, "Are you then the Son of God?" He replied, "You are right in saying I am."

John 4:25-26

The woman said, "I know that Messiah" (called Christ) "is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us." Then Jesus declared, "I who speak to you am he."

John 10:25-30

25Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one."

John 17:1-5

After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." (Jn3:16-18) "This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him." (Lk 9:35)

Source(s): The Holy Bible NIV Zondervan

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

Galatians 1:11-12

I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 3:16 tells us that the Bible was "breathed out" by God.

Galatians 1: 11-12 tells us that the gospel was a revelation from Jesus Christ himself, which was recorded by Jesus disciples and Paul.

God himself chose the disciples and the people whom He knew were going to spread His word and write the Bible.

The Bible was written by approximately 40 men of diverse backgrounds over the course of 4000 years. Despite being penned by different authors over 40 centuries, the Bible does not contradict itself and does not contain any errors. The authors all present different perspectives, but they all proclaim the same one true God, and the same one way of salvation—Jesus Christ (John 14:6; Acts 4:12).

In John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

The above verse speaks a lot about who Jesus really is.

All about Jesus and the Holy Trinity explained in the below website.

http://jesustrinity.blogspot.com

Lots of videos, sermons, songs are also present, along with all of Jesus miracles, his parables, and questions on his birth, crucifixion, resurrection are answered.

Many major questions on Christianity are answered with lot of examples that cannot be denied by anyone, such as,

1) Did Jesus really exist? Is He God? Why did He suffer on the Cross?

2) What is so special about Jesus? Why cant I just view him as an ordinary man or a teacher or a prophet? Why should I see him as God?

Pasting a small part from the website.

Visit the website to strengthen your faith in Jesus or to know more about Him.

Jesus is God.

1.Thomas calls Jesus God in John 20:28 (Note, Thomas addresses Jesus

specifically.)

2. Jesus is God in Heb. 1:8

3. John the apostle states that Jesus was the Word which was God that became

flesh (John 1:1-14)

4. The phrase "Call upon the name of the LORD" (Hebrew, YHWH, i.e., Psalm

116:4) used only of God on the OT, and translated into the Greek in the LXX as "Call upon the name of the LORD (greek, KURIOS)," applied to Jesus in the NT (1 Cor. 1:2) Jesus is God in flesh

5. The apostle John says that Jesus was , "...calling God His own Father,

making Himself equal to God," (John 5:18)

6. Jesus said that He and the Father are One (John 10:30), that caused the Pharisees to

claim that Jesus was making Himself out to be God.

7. Jesus knew all things (John 21:17)

8. Jesus knew all men (John 16:30)

9. Jesus is everywhere (Matt. 28:20)

10. Jesus Christ, dwells in you (Col. 1:27)

11. Jesus is the exact representation of the Nature of God (Heb. 1:3)

12. Jesus is eternal (Micah 5:1-2)

13. Jesus gives eternal life (John 10:27-28)

14. Jesus is our only Lord and Master (Jude 4)

15. Jesus is called the Mighty God (Isaiah 9:6)

16. Jesus is called the Mighty God (Isaiah 9:6) and "God" also be called the Mighty God in Isaiah 10:21

17. Jesus is able to raise Himself from the dead (John 2:19-21)

18. Jesus created all things (Col. 1:16-17), it is God who created all things by Himself (Isaiah 44:24)

19. Jesus searches the hearts and minds of the people (Rev. 2:23)

20. Jesus is worshiped (Matt. 2:2-11; Matt.14:33; Matt.28:9; John 9:35-38;

Heb. 1:6) Only God can be worshipped (Matt. 4:10) (same Greek word for worship

is used in each place.)

21. In the OT God was seen (Exodus 6:2-3;Exodus 24:9-11; Num. 12:6-9; Acts7:2), yet no man can see God (Exodus 33:20; John 1:18). It was not the Father that was seen in the OT (John 6:46). Who, then were they seeing? See John 8:58.

22. Jesus claimed the divine name, "I AM", for Himself in John 8:58 see

Exodus 3:14.

23. Jesus says you must honor him even as you honor the Father (John 5:23).

24. Jesus gives life (John 5:21).

25. Jesus bears witness of Himself (John 8:18;John 14:6).

26. Jesus is the One who will judge you on judgement day (John 5:22-23). Only God can be the judge.

27. Jesus forgives sins (Luke 5:20) (Luke 24:47,Acts 10:43) .Only God can forgive sins.

http://jesustrinity.blogspot.com

The Bible has been misinterpreted through the centuries, as it is mythical rather than historical.

A good read on the subject >>

'The Pagan Christ: Recovering the Lost Light' by Tom Harpur

http://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Christ-Recovering-Lost...

The Jesus story is a myth. I can write a good story too.

Rev. Neil