Dr D
Lv 7
Dr D asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

What is Obama going to do now that the Somali pirates have taken American hostages?

a) ask Europe to help?

b) deliver another fancy speech?

c) criticize Bush so the pirates will like him and release the hostages?

d) bomb these SOBs off the face of the earth?

e) other, please elaborate

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

Well I do like answer d on a gut level, but that would end up killing everyone involved. Yes, this a test for Obama's inner

wimp and it is clear that he has to act to free the hostages. Americans don't like hostage situations and Obama can't afford to have a long drawn out situation or seem ineffective. Hey, he fired the head of GM so there is hope and a plus is that the Israelis are nearby and they owe the US big time.

• To be honest, I think America has a reason to start a war with another country now.

These Somali pirates need to find a better way to make a living. I also kinda don't blame them cuz there really isn't any other way to make a living when you're that desperate.

I think Obama will deliver another fancy speech that is promising and in the end, there will be no resolution as usual.

For example, Obama keeps saying about the economy "We are facing some tough times, but we, the people of America need to pull together and....blahahaha" What total BS.

I don't think Obama will do anything. He's not used to accomplishing goals.

As for the hostages, hang in there. That's all we can say at this time.

• 1 decade ago

a,b,c, and e- He will tell them to release the captain, who the somalis still have as a prisoner, or else he will write a letter to the UN.

He should send an aircraft carrier in and they would never try anything of the sort again.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My guess is C. Or B. If he chooses A, he'll first pander to the Europeans by admitting what jerks Americans are individually, and as a country, meanwhile the newsmedia will fawn all over how good looking they are as a couple and how fashionable Michelle is - you KNOW they won't be asking how much her wardrobe cost.

Now, see, BUSH would have picked answer D. Which is why we had one terrorist attack on our soil, early in his presidency, and then there weren't any more - they moved on to other, weaker nations.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

This man stole the hearts of millions of Americans. Stealing the bodies back is no big deal. And you've probably heard it a dozen times or more, fight fire with fire.

• 1 decade ago

All of the above...except criticize Bush...he and Bush are best pals now...they conduct government in the same way. Conduct...nah follow orders is a better way of puting it....

Maritime piracy in the 21 century though...? I mean seriously, some major government has to be behind this...sounds like good ol privateer tactics...pay a privateer to do the dirty work so the government doesn't take the heat.

• 1 decade ago

Obama is not gonna do anything different than what was done by other governments the past few months. The ransom will be paid and they will be released. Nothing else.

• Dane
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

F) Give them amnesty in America, provide them with FREE housing, FREE health care and a convenience store as a family business.

• 1 decade ago

b. Deliver another fancy speech saying he will protect the pirates from harsh treatment.

• 1 decade ago

it is a combination of a, b, c and e - apologize to the pirates and ask then to release the ship or he will write a lette to the UN.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.