citalopram - different manufacturers?

i am on 20 mg of citalopram. I have been taking them from one manufacturer, but for the recent packet, i have got the same tablets from a different manufacturer.

will this make any difference to me? Some ingrediants are different, like mannitol (sugar) instead of lactose.

thanks, this is really worrying me

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

This is because citalopram is a generic chemical name for a drug which is off patent. The active ingredient and dose must be exactly the same, so its effects are identical.

Source(s): GP for more years than I care to remember
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only thing that matters in a medication whether prescription or OTC is the active ingredient and dose of the active ingredient. The differences on other ingredients vary because of manufacturer preference and the ingredients needed to keep the pill together.

Source(s): Pharmacology Class
  • ECK
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It makes no difference the only ingredient that is important is the active ingredient that treats your depression and that is the same in all prescription drugs.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

please don't worry

as long as the Active ingredient is the same, its the same drug that is being delivered into your system

The sugars are only to make it taste better

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • It won't matter which manufacturer distributes them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.