Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Do you think Triple H married Stephanie just to get further in the business?

I don't believe this is true I just want to know everyone else's opinions.

• Candle

No. The man was world champion prior to marrying Steph, and he'd still be a great world champion today if he hadn't married her. People don't like to give Trips the credit he's due. When he's on TV I enjoy him 9 times out of 10, and when he's out due to injury or other, I miss the Game.

You can't really question a man's caliber when someone like Ric Flair tells him he would've dropped the NWA title to him 20 years ago if Triple H were around.

I'm not saying that Triple H hasn't had political sway, I'm not saying that being a McMahon-in-law hasn't had it's benefits, but I am saying that Steph or no Steph, he'd be where he is today. Maybe not as a 12 time champion, but he'd definitely still be a top billed name. I also think he genuinely loves Steph. He loves the business too, but they're two different kinds of love.

If Triple H really was as bad as people say he is, he'd hold a 'Mania victory over the Undertaker, he'd have a 10 year undefeated streak, and he'd be a 3 time and 10 year long world champion. That ain't the case

Obviously only a fool would do that.. because it leads to personal agony and Triple H is one of the most cunning wrestlers alive. He married her because both had feelings for each other. However once he was married to her ; he has taken a lot of advantage of it. I mean just think of it. He is a 13 time world champion and by the looks of things it is very likely that he ends as 20 time champion, may be more. Forget Flair, he is not even half as good as Michaels or Undertaker or Kurt Angle, infact Rock and Steve Austin were much better than him. But just look at the number of title reigns HBK had and the no. of reigns he has had and continues to do so. He is the guy who will always be involved in back room politics. He is the guy who NEVER LOSES TO A JUNIOR WRESTLER (WTF : WHY I DO NOT UNDERSTAND... IF THE YOUNGER GENERATION IS NOT ENCOURAGED THEN WHO WILL LEAD WWE 10 yrs from now.. probably he thinks he will still be World Champ at 50; but he can you know). But ONE THING HE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO LIKE MICHAELS OR TAKER OR ANGLE : HAVE 4 STAR MATCHES ON HIS OWN; HE WAS AN ORDINARY WRESTLER (LIKE CENA AND BATISTA; though probably better than Batista ; heck that guy cant even move) AND WILL ALWAYS BE AN ORDINARY WRESTLER.

I truly think that he loves her for her. He is successful in his career and does not need her to build his career up. I honestly think its true love. Triple H was #1 without her and he is still #1 with her. Its love

I believe he did this just to get into the company. From what Bret Hart has said, HHH was always looking for a way to kiss butt in the locker room. He was always sniveling around with McMahon.

i dont think so....i think they just fell in love with each other

HHH is and was destined to be a bonafide superstar in that business, with or without the McMahon name

Source(s): Darth V, don't be stupid!!!! HHH was in WWE BEFORE he got with Stephanie!!!! Get your facts straight!!!!!

Nope.

You cant help who you fall in love with. It's not his fault it just so happen to be the Chairman's daughter.

i dont think he did bcuz if that was ture he wouldve already divorced her cu he got far in the buisness

• Krithi

No, I think he really loves her but he does take advantage of his position.

Nooo, he married her cause he loves her ¬¬ Obviously he did it for the business

• Randy

I too don't want to believe this.

But..