L.T.M.
L.T.M. asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 1 decade ago

What do you know about George Soros?

Here's a little something you won't see on the evening news.

"Sovereignty is an anachronistic concept originating in bygone times when society consisted of rulers and subjects, not citizens. It became the cornerstone of international relations with the Treaty of Westphalia in 1648. During the French Revolution, the king was overthrown and the people assumed sovereignty. But a nationalist concept of sovereignty soon superseded the dynastic version. Today, though not all nation-states are democratically accountable to their citizens, the principle of sovereignty stands in the way of outside intervention in the internal affairs of nation-states. But true sovereignty belongs to the people, who in turn delegate it to their governments. If governments abuse the authority entrusted to them and citizens have no opportunity to correct such abuses, outside interference is justified. By specifying that sovereignty is based on the people, the international community can penetrate nation-states' borders to protect the rights of citizens."

- George Soros, The People's Sovereignty, Foreign Policy magazine (2004)

What do you think now?

I've read some about him but this blew my mind. Where's McCarthy when we need him?

What does it say about the left that they like this man?

Dr A: "the international community can penetrate nation-states" What about our National Sovereignty? What about our Constitution? What about our Independence? This man is intelligent but he is twisting this to support his One World Government goal. This is subversive stuff here. He uses language to make it appear that he's on the side of 'the people'. Nothing could be further from the truth. He would happily use our constitution to wipe his ***.

His whole statement here is nothing but a MIND F**K. He is very deceptive. Much like someone else we know!

"But true sovereignty belongs to the people" Thats his 'Hook' line. That's his bait with the hook buried inside.

He's no friend of America and he's no friend of Freedom!

This is Saul Alinsky with $$$$$$$!

Favorite Answer

he has waged war on his native Hungary just like upon the US, and now the news is telling the result; he even proposed sending Whoopie Goldberg there as ambassador, a sordid act of aesthetic terrorism!

google ECFR and "club of budapest", something broke in him I think when he was a teenager; perhaps he envisions his own feelings of rootless banality as being a status quo for all. The ultimate anti-Romantic!!!!

there are some people, objects, places that manifest as particularly exemplary "karmic" prisms for history, a compression of cause and effect; each person is the steward of their inheritance, what will they do with it; some invest it in pursuit of their own tragedy, and others suffer along,

in any case he could not have achieved this influence alone; many sought and accepted his money, and helped him make more. it is an old infamous story; when he no longer can give them money, they will heap all of their own crookedness upon his head along with his---it will be crowded up there!

As a young man in Hungary, Geo. Soros worked with his Uncle ......betraying Jews to the Nazi's,to this day Soros does not deny this,in fact he says he has "no regrets " over his actions.Tells me all I need to know about George Soros.

George Soros is the Hungarian-born scumbag whose legendary hypocrisy is beyond belief. For example, he will talk a good game about how the powerful most be "good corporate citizens" and how they must act with generosity and compassion.

But what's the reality? Soros tried to break the Bank of England. He didn't care if he threw millions of Brits into instant poverty. The proof of that is that he already had thrown millions of Indonesians into instant povery when he vindictively and cold-heartedly speculated like a pit bull against their currency. He wasn't just out to make a handsome profit. He was out for blood, and he didn't care who he hurt in the process.

To this day, George Soros is referred to by Indonesians as an "economic terrorist".

Geoge Soros is in league with the likes of the Rothchilds and the rest of the Bilderberg group. They are an incredibly powerful force. Did you know that George Soros supported Obama, even early on in his career, and that Henry Kissinger gave Obama his first job? How much clearer does it have to be? I truly believe Obama is, literally, the "Manchurian Candidate".

Soros is determined to get a One World government established. He believes that the source of the world's problems is that the United States is too powerful. Hence, he wants to economically (and hence, militarily) cripple the U.S. so that we can no longer afford to intervene in foreign affairs.

Soros may very well be the most dangerous man on earth.

• Why?

Why this; By specifying that sovereignty is based on the people, the international community can penetrate nation-states' borders to protect the rights of citizens."

We don't have a king either.

He said: "But true sovereignty belongs to the people, who in turn delegate it to their governments. If governments abuse the authority entrusted to them and citizens have no opportunity to correct such abuses, outside interference is justified."

Does this not say that WE the People hold the power over our own destiny and control the government that we allow to manage our nation. AND when that government fails to protect our rights and if WE no longer have the power to regain our own sovereignty that it is up to our allies to help us take back our Nation from the fascists who would deny us our freedoms.

Is that not exactly what we did in Nazi Germany and many places across the globe and are currently trying to do in the Middle East?

Restore citizens sovereign status back to the people?

Anachronistic policy meaning that WE no longer support the status quo, ie: tyrannical monarchy that denies US our freedom.

Nationalized sovereignty is not sovereignty of the people. It is an assumed democratic state in which the people give up their rights out of fear or lack of responsibility of oneself...in other words, the people prefer their government take care of them instead of taking responsibility for themselves.

Sounds mighty familiar to what is happening today in our own country.

Maybe I missed something?

But it sounds to me like he is arguing in favor of true sovereignty and against this nationalized crap that people think is sovereignty? I could be wrong.

edit: You may be correct that he is a **** I was just reading the article logically and literally and applying it to our own policy of restoring human rights in nations where their government has failed them. I didn't take it to mean OUR own nation should be invaded or our Constitution is outdated. The United States is not a "nation-state" AND we do presently have a true form of sovereignty instead of a fascist government which pretends to observe it citizens freedoms.

IF and only IF our Federal government decided a military dictatorship was right for America and if WE the people could not re-establish our own freedoms....I would appreciate any help I could get. We had help from France in 1776 if you recall.

I knew something of him already but never did much digging. He's definitely a capitalist and believes in a free market with some but only a few restrictions to prevent failure of the system. He was raised in hard times and escaped Nazi Europe...he says that the citizens of a Nation (specifically Europe) should embrace and implement a free democratic society. That the old loyalties of "mother country" are obsolete and should be disposed of. He has given billions of dollars in charity and has openly ridiculed countries who allow their citiznes to suffer while governments prosper.

The main reason I see for hostility against him is his HATRED for George Bush and the fact that he spent millions of his own dollars in an attempt to defeat him in 2004. He was unsuccessful of course.

I didn't like George either. Not as much as I don't like Barack but look at the choices we have had lately.

I'm gonna dig a little more on this. I'm still not convinced but I've been wrong before.

I was just reading an article/interview where he said he thought the recent US stimulus package was a mistake. He also said that stock market would eventually self correct and the regulations being set forth were unnecessary and even harmful. I don't like his ideas about the "nationalizing" of the US banking system. But I understand his point.

I'm working on it...gimme some more time.

HEY LEV...

....you know I'm no frikin liberal...but since they weren't here to defend the guy, I thought I'd take a stab at it. It's not near as much fun when everyone just bashes the hell out of someone. Apparently the libs don't have the balls or the skills to speak up on this one. I'm outta here..gnite ;-)

Source(s): EDIT: If that is what he believes? That the USA is obsolete and a "one world" government is what we need....then f*ck him...I got a .308 with his name on it. good enuff?

What the rant you posted says to me is that Soros, like Hitler, is a megalomaniac who considers himself the ultimate authority on what was good for people so he is invading countries monetarily instead of militarily. Either way, the people suffer as a result and Soros is rich as a result of the systems he pretends to hate.

Soros is a fraud and an enemy of freedom.

The sooner Soros meets Jesus the better it will be for the decent people here. Then Satan will have to tolerate a threat to his domination of hell. Soros will try to manipulate the economy there for his own gain also, and he will tell all the demons he is on their side..

He's a very dangerous man and has way to much control/power in the Democratic party he's a behind the scenes kind of power broker. So far left he makes Obama look like a Conservative.

He's an evil puke loves nobody and loved by nobody. All he has is his money and power to bring about destruction. To say the least he's of Hungarian descent. A shame for Hungarians. My husband is half Hungarian, and he says people like Soros should be hanged in public places to be made an example of.

I personally think he's the devil's mother. (figuratively, gender aside, as in the one who begot the devil)

What I really know most about him is that he is a big fat wealthy a**hole who is anti-American, anti-conservative, anti-Republican, and a charter member of the "We Hate George W. Bush" anti-fan club! He also founded and funds the gigantic Internet Socialist/Communistic MoveOn.org, a supposedly grass-roots pro-Democrat, pro-Socialist, lobbying organization! That's mostly all I need to know about him, aside from the fact that he should be deported and never again allowed to set foot in the USA!

I subscribe to MoveOn.org e-mails on the theory that "one should keep his friends close and his enemies even closer, so one can keep his eyes on them."

First of all, France has an arrest warrant out for him for fraud. Second of all, he bankrolled the democratic take over of Washington, and he is the only one massively profiting from the current financial crisis, and magically seems to position himself to benefit from what the democrats in power decide to do next. Just psychic, that is all.