getting married buying houses - just something to do?

People in general i know who are a similar age are either getting engaged/married/buying a house but to be honest im not really interested as ive seen it fall apart so many times.... like i know one guy who married a girl just cause she put up with him pissing the bed when he was drunk.

Do u think nowadays people rush into these things but just see it as something to do?

• SuzyQ

Some definitely get married before they are ready, have children before they can handle it etc. A person has to know their self very well. Don't take on more than you can handle but don't be afraid to take chances that otherwise may not come your way again soon. Timing is key, maturity is key, communication and most of all self respect. If you don't have these things you will end up with someone who you may allow to be disrespectful and hurt you emotionally, physically or financially.

I would suggest making sure you have a good down payment before you purchase your house. Preferably 20%. This will save you money in the long run. If you have this amount now, feel free to get married. If you don't have a good down payment, you may want to rent longer. Hopefully you won't break your bank to buy a fancy wedding. I just don't think extravagant weddings are that important. You'll barely remember the details of your wedding on your first anniversary. I hope this helps

I often wonder that when I look around and see so many couples married once they hit a certain age. Its like about 27 to 30 age bracket is just full of women talking about marriage or engagement. How do all these people meet at this particular point in life?

• No, I don't see it that people get married out having something to do.

We humans, were made to be paired and love each other. Sometimes a person gets lonely and will settle for anyone to avoid being alone with themselves. That is just being insecure. So we look to someone else to supply what we lack in ourselves.

But then there are those people who do find the right person we want to grow old with. The key is to never settle and to marry for the right reason. And you have to love yourself, by yourself, and for yourself before you can ever truly love and be loved. That is being secure in yourself.

Source(s): my experience & abnormal psych major

For the most part, no. Many of us actually take these things seriously and are doing it for all the right reasons. Some people do get married and rush it because they have other pressures or whatever, but I do think many of us are taking it a lot more seriously these days because of all the people that have failed marriages and such.

Who cares? Is this even any significance? As long as you have a career and the person who you are getting married with is not interrupting your work then it doesn't matter... Everyone has potential to make huge empires in this world if they work hard. Just work hard everyday in the right direction and one day you will realise you have a company and soon a family name with hundreds of shares from hundreds of companies. Can't you feel the excitement? your righjt because this is better than relationships

Yes, people rush into things bc they feel they are "getting too old" or bc "everyone else is doing it". Honestly, there is nothing more satisfying than buying a house on your own. I think everyone should do it before getting married and settling down with anyone.

Dont get married dont buy a house unless you can buy it outright !!!

always remember your sex requirements have nothing to do with getting married.become a male escort ride as many woman as you can earn massive money and eventually buy your house outright

along with that dream car.

all your mates might call you a male whore now but in 10 years time

when you own your house and own your dream car they will be still

handing over pathetic Amounts of money to the CSA.

who,s laughing now !!! (pride and dignity dont pay the bills)

I am 46 years old, and I have personally never known anyone who got married because it was "something to do". Maybe you're hanging around the wrong kind of people.

Who really knows what someone's true motives are. Hopefully the majority of the people who do get married are doing it based on the wright reasons...