What was the deal with that giant cellophane "S" that Superman throws at the bad guys in Superman II?

From IMDb:

The cellophane "S" logo and the multiple holographic projections were traps Superman had prepared for the villains. This is confirmed by a line from the shooting script: "Zod begins to realize that Superman, on his home turf, has powers and devices at his command beyond their comprehension."

It doesn't say why he would fashion it to match his insignia, just that it's one of the traps used. It seems right that a weapon against his Kryptonian enemies matches the "logo" he wears as Earth's hero. I wish that I had a better answer for your question, but none of my research has turned up a solid explanation.

NOTE: I've been a comic book fan since the Fifties but have yet to be called a nerd. (Actually, "nerd" didn't show up till sometime in the Seventies at least.) If you saw how much some of these comics sell for, you definitely would want to be a nerd, too! I once owned "Amazing Fantasy" #15 and made a cash/trade deal that was way too generous on my part. It's sad when you need money that much!

Superman Cellophane S

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): deal giant cellophane quot quot superman throws bad guys superman ii: https://tr.im/ncFKi

Superman Throws S

The deal with that is the same deal as the organic webs in the spider-man movies, the joker killing batman's parents in "Batman", Reed Richards going to space with Victor Von Doom in "Fantastic Four", and a great deal of the movie "The Shining".

When they make movies of established properties, sometimes they change stuff or make stuff up just for the sheer hell of it, or maybe just because they can.

Sometimes, some producer or director decides that he has an idea that he likes better than the established ones, and they just do it. Like how in the older Hulk movie they have the Hulk being the way he is because of Nick Nolte's genetic experiments.

It's just something they do.

Haha this was on family guy.

Real one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI1UVDOuMqE

Youtube thumbnail

Family guy one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA8MNDtnizs

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Trust me, nobody will have the right answer to this question. Except perhaps a HUGE comicbook nerd might know. (no offense to the nerds out there, you rule the god dam world).

I dunno. I thought it was kooky when I first watched it at the age of 5.