What makes you a "bad" mommy?

Just for fun :) What do you do that would make someone look twice or call you a "bad mommy?" I let Landyn sneak drinks of soda every now and then..I let him have chocolate and candy on occasion...and he still gets his bottle at nighttime (does NOT sleep with it though). Sooooo...what do you do?

my 10 month old is at the stage where he takes everything away from me, so I'll sometimes share my fudgesicles with him. Keegan (my son) is also at the stage where he'll scream if he doesn't get something that he really wants, my mom criticized me today because I caved in and let him play with my hair brush, she thinks I'm spoiling him. Oh, and I let him sleep in my bed but I have a bedrail so he doesn't go anywhere!

I feed my eight month old table foods when her daddy isn't looking (he's soooo by-the-book)

If she doesn't want her baby food I give her her cup instead.

Sometimes I only offer her solid once a day.

She has been off the bottle and paci since 7 months. I really get criticized for that!!

I sweep but don't mop the floor every day that she is crawling on.

I put her in my bed when she wakes up in the night.

I don't always change her diaper when she wakes in the night.

I fed her some of my snowball at the park the other day. (we're not telling dad about that one either)

I have let her taste ice cream. (or that)

I even gave her a sip of my decaf tea the other day even though she's never even had juice.

I lie to her doctor about where she sleeps and tell him she is on a perfect schedule.

OMG, this was really fun! It really makes me feel better to see all these answers and realize I don't have to be a perfect mom for my kid to turn out ok. Thanks!!

Source(s): Mommy to Xander, 5 Landon, 3 Bailey, 8 months
  • Nancy

I left it to right at the last minute, when I knew I was getting induced a bit early anyway. I did it the night before the induction, hehe. Mine was really basic: BF and mum as birth partners Want to use entonox Will ask for epidural if/when I want it Want baby to be delivered directly onto my chest Partner will cut cord Baby to be given vit. K Drugs to help deliver placenta So I got everything I "wanted". Preferably I'd have gone into labour naturally, but that wasn't an option. Things like rooming in are a given in the UK, we don't put babies into a nursery (as far as I'm aware).

• I work too much (about 50 hours a week). I need to spend more quality time with my daughter, especially since her biological father isn't in the picture. Even though I really need the money, I'm glad I'm taking extra time off work for maternity leave so I can spend the summer with my daughter as well.

I do let her have soda every now and then and she probably watches some movie that aren't meant for kids (i.e. they have cuss words in them). LOL

• I put on baby einstein (the ONLY thing that will potentially keep my 11 month old to stay still for a minute so I can wash a bottle or go pee)... and I get him situated and run outta the room really fast, and pray that he doesn't get into anything while i'm in the bathroom! (it's baby proofed, and if anything he'll crawl to me in the bathroom

I let him sleep with me... after 11 months of sleepless nights, I realized that my little man is the most precious thing and one day I will miss being able to cuddle him at night!

Sometimes when I'm sick of the "no no! game" during dylans "i need to explore EVERYTHING stage" ... I just turn my head and realize that whatever he's playing with (usually daddy's play station lol) is not going to hurt him... he learns to open it and close it ... and i don't want to deal with the tantrum.

Wow... I pretty much suck huh? :)

• :)

Since when is getting his bottle at night bad? Any way super cute questions. Really gets people thinking. I dont like when people give there kids lots of soda. It really bothers me. Moderation is best . My problems would be giving her whatever she wants. I cant stand her cry but still will let her cry sometimes. Landyns a cute name by the way.

By the way Bliss your quit brave to bring up such a touchy subject. I personally dont disagree or agree with spanking. There s a very thin line between spanking and abuse. As long as you know it your okay.

1. I secretly can't wait until I go back to work (I took a year off to raise my daughter).

2. My baby watches as much tv as I do

3. My baby eats baby food in jars...I have no interest in making my own baby food...yup, call me lazy, I don't care!

4. I sit with my daughter until she falls asleep (at nap time), and at bedtime, she falls asleep while drinking her bottle, then I lay her in her crib ASLEEP, not AWAKE like I'm "supposed" to do (and she's 9 months old!!!)

5. I do NOT let my baby do whatever she pleases...when I say she can't touch my stack of papers, I mean it! She doesn't get spanked for it, but she is re-directed to another activity or toy.

6. My apartment is not fully baby-proofed, and probably never will be.

7. When my daughter is having a "freak out" in the grocery store, I will sometimes give her a pacifier (OMG!!!)

This was fun! :-)

What are you talking about? I'm a perfect mommy! LOL J/K I let her try some of my popsicle the other night (she's almost 9 months) and I let her taste a drop of Cherry Coke the other day after she kept grabbing my straw. (When I took it away from her, she threw a fit, so I let her try it so she could see that it was too cold and fizzy..LOL She actually liked it, but I didn't give her anymore..) Also, I supplemented with formula after 2 months, and apparently I'm just an "awful mother" for doing that..LOL

Well I haven't had my baby yet, but I get criticized for what I eat, right now I can not stomach chicken, which I used to live off of, and I can't stomach most of my veggies like I used to, so sometimes at work for lunch I will order a tuna sub... OH NO NOT TUNA mercury how dare you! and last week I had McDonald's one time.

Source(s): 17 weeks 5 days

My son is 1 & his has a pacifier.

We watch his favorite cartoons every day.

He sleeps in the same room as me & my husband

Sometimes if he crawls in the bed with us I just let him stay

I let him have some sweets here and there

He eats mostly what we eat & I let him feed himself(even tho he gets messy :))

I don't let him cio

Idon'tt leave him very often..

Those are the reasons most people would think I was :D