What does a 'protected no claims bonus' mean?

I am currently trying to find myself a decent car insurance quote. I am entitled to a no claims bonus as I haven't had any claims in the past 2 years. I am however slightly confused by what a 'protected no claims bonus' means though. I keep coming across that phrase throughout the comparison websites... show more I am currently trying to find myself a decent car insurance quote. I am entitled to a no claims bonus as I haven't had any claims in the past 2 years. I am however slightly confused by what a 'protected no claims bonus' means though. I keep coming across that phrase throughout the comparison websites and I don't understand the implications for me if my no claims bonus is 'protected'. Thanks.
I am aware this is a stupid question but this is my first time shopping for car insurance lol.