Do you think America should have rebuilt the World Trade Center Twin Towers?

Update: After 3 answers ... have any of you considered the message that the terrorists won that battle?
Update 2: Surely we could have minimized their efforts by replacing the buildings even better than they were before. Instead we succumb to the attack and send the message that we admit we are vulnerable.
Update 3: Not to mention that the loss of these buildings was the catalyst that began the economic downswing.
It's no coincidence.
Update 4: keeprock- I agree but feel that the new buildings would have best represented the memorial to the lost lives. The construction would have been dedicated to them.
Update 5: How can anyone disregard the fact that the terrorists even today slap them selves on ea. others backs proudly proclaiming how well they showed America on that one?
Update 6: CC- atta girl ... I don't like the message of submission we sent by supporting the void left by the Towers.
Update 7: Blossom- I believe the Towers were a symbol of America's economic prosperity ... thus the primary target. To make matters worse we allowed the loss of the symbolism to coincide w/ our collapsing economy.
Update 8: Suzie- How does rebuilding the Towers influence the sad memories? We can't change the past but we can defiantly replace the buildings w/ something bigger and better. I guarantee if my life was lost in the disaster I would rather have the buildings rebuilt in my honor as a tribute as opposed to the submissive... show more Suzie- How does rebuilding the Towers influence the sad memories?
We can't change the past but we can defiantly replace the buildings w/ something bigger and better.
I guarantee if my life was lost in the disaster I would rather have the buildings rebuilt in my honor as a tribute as opposed to the submissive plaque memorial that is less demonstrative.
Update 9: Wise- No doubt the arrogance and greed (esp) are contributing factors to our economic demise.
Update 10: Morgan- In a question like this, I am welcoming opposing views as well as support.
I want to evaluate the input collectively in an effort to either change my opinion or reinforce my convictions.
Update 11: Folks- I'm sure many of you have noticed by now I use "details" to an extensive degree. Often times I plan in advance the timing to which I add any preconceived notions. Know that this is purposeful. I do this for various reasons.
Update 12: Also know that I relish the edits that ppl will respond w/ that reflect additional input based upon the details. It helps me feel a closeness ... more on a personal level that one may feel in a conversation.
Update 13: Suzianne- The support for the hallowed grounds seems to be the best reply for the opposition.
I can't speak for the deceased but I think we would be better served if we project the answer to this question f/ their direction.
Update 14: I only know that if I was one of the dead, I would insist on building something better that would promote world commerce.