Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

I want to dye my hair red, not sure if I will suit it? help with red hair dyes too? :)?

I have an olive skin tone and greeny/blue eyes! :)

I currently have mousey brown hairr.

I will be dying my hair myself, as I can not afford to have it done at the hairdressers.

I have been told XXL live red passion is good, does anybody know of any other red hair dyes that would look just as good, or better?

also do you think red would suit my skin tone?

anything is helpful, thanks :)

x

also, I was thinking a full fringe?

my hair is getting quite long, it is currently a couple of inches past my shoulders, but I was thinking hair extensions to match to?:)

i was in exactly the same situation. I have blue eyes too and a sort of paler-that-olive complexion :D

i took the plunge and dyed it red with a superdrug own make permanent packet. I also got a full fringe and i'm sooo happy with the result :D

seriously, go for it, if it doesn't suit you then just dye it again when it grows out. It's only hair so if you like the idea then just do it!

I recently dyed it again [red] with a herbal essences packet but i think they've discontinued it. It made my hair gingery so i wouldn't recommend that one but i would advise the superdrug own make, it's amazing how good it looks for such a cheap brand. Also if you have green/blue eyes [like me] it really makes your eyes pop! Just be prepared to get noticed :D

You can tell from my AVATAR that I'm a fan of red hair! But be careful to get a good match for your skin tone. It all depends on your skin tone. Sometimes the red/auburn colors are ok for "olive" skin and sometimes that skin tone is a better match with a rich chocolate brown hair.

My recommendation ... make sure to buy the box of red hair color you want, and then ASK some people what they think. (We can't see you from Yahoo without a picture.)

If you get a thumbs-up for the red ... do it 100% and don't ever look back. Who cares if you ever get back to a hair color that doesn't suit you?

One last thing ... when your hair is hot red, what clothes & colors will you wear. When I first went "red" I needed all new makeup and a few different clothes to make the look work the way I wanted. Let me know how it goes if u like.

Source(s): Auburn/red hair for years. I love it, and I'm keeping it forever!

Going by your description, I have naturally dark blonde hair down past my chest, green eyes and I'm VERY pale and I have had red hair on and off for about 3 years. I've had my current red hair for about 7 months now, I missed it SO much when I went brown. I reckon you'd suit it, you have similar characteristics to me and I think I suit it so yeah. Get Loreal Majicontrast hair dye in Red, and 40 vol developer. Mix the tube of dye with 90ml of the developer and leave it in your hair for 45 minutes. From then on the upkeep if you're dying natural hair will be few and far between, if you're dyeing dyed hair expect to dye it every 3 weeks to keep it bright. Should go bright red if that's what you're looking for. You can see my avatar for the colour it'll go. :)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I currently have mousey brown hairr.

I have been told XXL live red passion is good, does anybody know of any other red hair dyes that would look just as...

Source(s): dye hair red suit red hair dyes too: https://shortly.im/YQW5m

My friend has exactly the same skin tone and hair colour as you and she's just got her hair done a dark red and it looks so goood. It wouldn't look good on my skin tone, but I can assure you, it will look amazing on you. She got hers done by her friends mum who's a proffessional hairdresser for free so I can't suggest any brands. Sorry. x

Ohh and do a wash in, wash out dye first before dying the whole thingg permanently. Or just cut off a little bit of your hair and tie it together with an elastic band and dye that. Wait to see what it comes out as, before dying the whole thing.

This is pretty much exactly what I'm thinking of doing, lol...except I'm really pale skinned. Myhair's been almost every color, but I've never tried red, so I figure I might as well.

I'm going to dye mine a dark reddish auburn color. The dye's only like, $6, so it really shouldn't cost you too much. And I definitly wouldn't dye it bright red if you're afraid it won't suit you--go for an auburn red.

And I think everyone looks great with bangs, go for it! I'm getting my extensions back again soon hopefully, if you've never had them before, they're fun to try.

• ^_^

It sounds like it would suit you well, but don't get a full fringe.

Live XXL are good dyes, but they fade alot. They start off darker than they show on the box, too, then lighten to the colour you want. Then conitnue to fade off.

But then, that happens with most dyes - especially red, which will always fade off alot.

Make sure you want to keep red hair, as its hard to dyeover after wards, so good luck! :)

Garnier is really good it has different shades of red n it's only 7 bucks. I think red would look ok n just look at it this was if u don't like it after u dye u can always just dye it again it's no biggy :)(:

I honestly don't think red hair would suit olive skin tone, I would either go for blonde or really dark hair- dark is even better cause it will make your eyes look brighter. But if you really want red hair then just do it, if it doesnt look right its not the end of the world x

I think it would look lovely, but just because your doing it yourself, the price can still be high. My sister dyed her hair red, the hairdressers were too expensive, and her being a student even dying it herself became to expensive, she was near enough dying it every other month, sometimes sooner. She also had mousey brown hair with a sort of olive skin tone too, she really suited it, you must remember though, she has never been able to get back to her original colour =(

Good luck anyways!