Which is the best broadband supplier?

Favorite Answer

Well here is the top ten. I would however say if you live in a cabled road I would say go with Virgin if you want the fastest broadband.

Fibre optic cable is far superior over ADSL telephone copper wire for speed and reliability. I've used it from when it first came on line in the UK and it delivers what it says on the box.

http://www.top10-broadband.co.uk/providers/

Source(s): 15 years with Virgin

Ive been with

Aol

Ntl/Virgin (fibre optic)

BT

Virgin again (fibre optic)

and o2

Out of all of them ive had, i prefer o2 out of all of them. Its only £10 a month for up to 20meg (i get 11meg) (£15 if you dont have an o2 mobile), never drops out, speeds are consistent, and uk based customer service and 24/7/365 uk based technical support, plus they deilver a faster speed over the same phone line than bt did for some bizare reason, and they are faster than the fibre optic connection i had. So id say for value, reliability, and brilliant support, go with o2. But its really up to you. You can also get free broadband from sky, o2 (if you have an o2 contract phone), orange (if you have an orange contract) and talk talk. But the best speed and pacakges are dependant on where you live.

Edit - The answer above me about Be, Be broadband is owned by o2, so its the same as o2s service, only cheaper.

I use Virgin Media for Broadband, Digital TV and Phone. Never had a problem with them and they are a lot cheaper than Sky & BT. Virgin's fibre optic broadband means downloads are superfast.

BT Broadband has the best wireless range than any other broadband provider, I'm using BT at the moment and i strongly recommend them.

Source(s): Experienced User.

Well if you can get cable, Virgin Media is your only choice.

For non cable areas, Be (not BT) is best for speed & price, if there not available in your area then O2 or sky are the next best.

• I use BT,never had any problems with it in over a year.Never lose connection like i did with my previous supplier ( toucan).It's expensive - but worth it.

Virgin Media and upgrade will be made for free in May

• O

cable, was ntl world which changed to virgin media. cable is by light so it's much faster.

im on virgin its the cheapest no big bills