Who did Obama make fun of? Special Olympics or Special Needs Children?

He apologized to the head of the special olympics...I think he needs to apologize to us parents of special needs children!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

He compared his bowling to the Special Olympics. Do all special needs children participate in the Special Olympics?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

His apology isn't worth ****.

What he said was not an accident, so he can't pretend like he has some high opinion on the special Olympics. If he had any respect for them, he would have never even conceived such a degrading sentence.

Oh yeah, and unless people are mentally retarded, sugar coding "handicapped" with "special needs" isn't going to stop offending people. I'm handicapped from the neck down...and although I have a higher amount of help than the average person, I do not consider them "special".. so you're basically degrading your kid with euphemisms.

How about you stop treating your child like a second class citizen, or like a poor fragile creature that should be pitied. Treat him like a human. Until then, don't think you're any better than Obama.

• Jani
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I honestly think he was trying to make fun of his bowling prowess, but he did so awkwardly and insulted the Special Olympics which of course includes special needs children. It was poor judgment to appear on Leno in the first place.

• Hiiiii
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I believe he made "fun" of Special Olympics. He compared his bowling to their bowling skills.

People make mistakes. Get over it.

Source(s): Have a family member with special needs and have helped with special needs children and in the Special Olympics.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Obama is an idiot. My son is also special needs and I'm pissed off! He needs to keep his stupid jokes to himself. Just because he is 1/2 black doesn't give him the right to discriminate others. He is fortunate that his daughters are normal. Our life is hard and people like him make it harder!

• 1 decade ago

He should just resign , he obviously is in his over his head, and apparently, not only is too busy politicking on television to do his job, but does not have the common sense or judgement to not insult handicapped kids on TV, how many blame me, or I'm sorry excuses are they gonna give him a free pass on?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Between the chin and the ears nothing else seemed important at the time

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is a low class moron, and zero business in the White House! He is another Chicago thug plain and simple, the only one he cares about his himself !

• 1 decade ago

Obama is a train wreck with no class.

• 1 decade ago

thats ok he will get away with it and it will be over looked and he will be forgivin because after all he is the first black president

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.