More good songs for the piano?

Yes, a few weeks ago, I asked about good classical songs, and I am enjoying them immensely. However, I'd also like something to do alongside them, something that's a bit different, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good, dramatic/epic, and somewhat popular and modern music for the piano (e. g. lord of the rings, etc). But I'd also like it to be something challenging, for someone who has been playing for 9-10 years (and, for example, harder than Schumann's "Aufschwung" and "Grillen" in classical terms). Any ideas?

Keep in mind, I don't want classical suggestions this time. I already got those on my last question. What I'm asking for are good, *modern*, dramatic and epic ones, such as Lord of the Rings.

I'm 13 and have been playing for 7 years (it'll be 8 in October). Only the December of '06, though, did I begin learning piano pieces by ear. I would listen to the instrumental of a pop song with a piano background (e.g., Unfaithful by Rihanna, No One by Alicia Keys, or Mad by Ne-Yo) and within an hour I would have mastered them. No doubt I've been getting better - the first song I tried to play, Unfaithful, took me a day to master. Now, I can figure out a complicated piano background like "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles or "Lithium" by Evanescence in less than 15 minutes. I would advise you to try something easy for the first time. Here is a list of some pop songs I encourage you to try:

"Slipped Away" by Avril Lavigne

"New Soul" by Yael Naim

"Everytime" by Britney Spears

"Dead and Gone" by T.I. ft. Justin Timberlake

When you think you're ready to progress to the next level, try more complicated ones. Evanescence and Rihanna songs are just teeming with piano backgrounds, and Sara Bareilles is a pianist, but her backgrounds are even too complicated for me. :)

Good luck!

Source(s): Personal experience

You could do themes, which are pretty simple, such as the theme for John Carpenters "Halloween."

If you want a great challange, you could play J.S. Bach. Alot of his songs are written for organ, but some of his earliest stuff is pretty straight forward such as "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565" or his various Toccatas for harpsichord.

Source(s): I play keyboard

Ohh! Uhm, I'm not sure if this is classical, but I've been playing piano for about 1-2 years now... and I know this song that is very beautiful and soothing.

It is called, "Sleepless Beauty Sacred Air," and it is REALLY pretty!

I played it for a Valentine's dinner, and for a recital, and etcetera.

for me..

i)OST My Girl-Never Say Goodbye

or mayb u can hear some of Jam Hsiao song..

:)