Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

which is more embarrassing for a president?

trying to open a locked door during a press conference(bush) or thanking yourself during a press conference(obama). the latter is my favorite. thanks

• Bryan
    Favorite Answer

I think they are both pretty embarrassing, but Obama thanking himself was the ultimate empty suit maneuver of all time. I am still laughing about this every time I think about it.

The latter one is much better. There's a difference between goofy and just stupid.

Here's Obama trying to go through a window:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/01/2...

Gosh the jokes that could be made from that one.

i think trying to open a locked door during a press conference :L Obama's funny .. i really like him (:

• Without a teleprompter, Obama has proven to be a more bumbling speaker than President Bush ever was.

EIther one is just the dude making a simple mistake because he can't pay attention to everything at once. I'm certain many of our previous presidents made many more embarrassing mistakes.

I'm pretty sure "the semen stained dress from the GAP (Clinton)" wins this contest hands down, pun intended.

As for Obama vs. Bush, we've come to expect extreme hubris from Obama so, Bush wins!

BO also tried to go through a window to get into the Oval Office instead of his own door.

Where was the mainstream media on that one? I guess they are too afraid of BO to point out his many, many, many gaffs.

.

Being a Democrat.

I think Obama's would be more embarrassing.

He is a legend in his own mind!