Military Human Intelligence security clearance question; Do I have a chance?

Hi all,

I'm very interested in the MOS HumanIntel 35F, but I'm a little worried about things that may disqualify someone from getting the security clearance.

About me:

I'm 21 years old, I speak Spanish, Polish, and currently learning Arabic. I have 2.5 years of college, but I'd like to finish the rest after I serve. I would prefer to become an NCO rather than an officer right out of college. I scored an 86 on the ASVAB. I have NEVER been in trouble with the law, but I do have a couple of things in my past that may be looked upon negatively. I have excellent credit.

I was hoping that someone could clarify if I may have trouble gaining a clearance.

-When I was 18 I ended up in the hospital for alcohol poisoning. Long story short, it was the first time I had ever drank and it obviously affected me very negatively. There was never any involvement with police or any civil action, just my stupidity.

-When I was 19 I saw a psychiatrist who said I was suffering from mild depression because a buddy of mine was killed in an accident so I consulted with a psychiatrist for a few weeks. It was grief counseling. Nothing like me being psycho or anything, but I'm worried of the possibility that it may be looked down upon?

All responses are greatly appreciated!!!

*Correction: I am seeking 35 M, not 35 F

** Correction: it is 35 M that I am seeking.

35F is Intel Analyst.

35M is HUMINT Collector.

Make sure you pick the right one!

Anyways, 35M initially just gets a SECRET clearance which is about as hard as falling off a log. Just a few simple credit & criminal background checks. The things you mentioned won't pop up.

Good luck and be sure to go to Tuscon when you're at Huachuca.

I know a few 35F in my battalion. If those are the only things you have to be concerned with, then it shouldn't be too bad.

They'll do an investigation into your background. Ask for a history of everywhere you've lived, interview people you'll put down as character witnesses, check your credit and such.

Definitely talk to your recruiter about it. If you can get to BCT, then it should be good. Never any guarantees since sometimes, something you might not be aware of might turn up in an investigation of your background that you aren't aware of.

You should be good, when filling out the paperwork just document it all, its probably gonna need your psychiatrist name and phone number, if your little drinking situation did not go to a legal matter it wont ask for it. Secret is not very hard to get, pretty much anybody can get a secret, but a Top Secret goes a little more in depth. Don't worry about it, fill out the paperwork and if it goes through, it will go through, if not, at least you tried

• noga

For a precise secret BI crypto and particular Intelligence which interestingly such as you like. i might say interestingly grim. once you go with your interviews this is relatively mandatory which you divulge ALL training. Disclosure is often much less damaging to you that failure to exhibit. as quickly as I had my history analyze, there became no longer something to exhibit and that i had to call quite a few references. The FBI wil deliver an agent to all of those and get the names of greater human beings from the. I even have been puzzled myself approximately human beings getting a history analyze. If there is something on your history the FBI WILL locate it. in the event that they already understand they are going to be greater susceptible to furnish a passing grade on your BI than in the event that they locate something which you probably did no longer divulge.

If anything ever comes up about the shrink, just tell them the truth. It was for grief counseling. They will check everything so it may come up at some point. Just don't hide anything.

Be sure to mention any traffic tickets too.

And late fees at the library. ^_^ Just kidding. Be honest about both situations. Good Luck!

If you do not try and fail........then your chance of success is ZERO percent.

If you try and fail.......then your odds were 50%.

If you try and succeed, then your odds were still 50%.

so only one thing is sure......if you don't try, you WILL fail to achieve your goal.

Having said that..........nothing happens without taking that first step.

Good Luck. The worst that happens, is that you tried, and get denied.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Sure.

Why not?

Look in the real world.

Decode this lyrics " Time after time"

"Never can say good-bye"

"In God we trust"

"I will survive"

"I saw Mummy kissing Santa Claus"

"Evergreen tree"

Luke 21.30-33

Luke 6.39-40,41-45,46-49

Luke 9.25,55-56,60

Matt 22.17-21,32

What do you think?

Source(s): decoded from the missing x-files.

You should be okay. Talk to your recruiter.