Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Co-workers jealous because i get scheduled more hours?

I am by far the hardest worker in my job & my manager rewards me with 40 hrs every week & the scrubs that are lazy & mess around on their phones text messaging only get scheduled for 10 hrs.

Did you ever have to deal with jealous co-workers?

Should i just continue to laugh my way to the bank, LOL!!!!!!!

• Best answer

im so lucky that i get to make my own hours.. i can schedule myself from 24-40 hours a week.. tell them its all about survival of the fittest and you are gonna eat them alive.. keep it up, man.. times are hard and they are gonna get left behind..

It sounds like a bit of a game, all people play this game in relationships, generally they have learned this through other relationships. There are three roles in this game, the persecutor, the victim and the rescuer. The persecutor(you) takes or does something unawares of the rules of the environment / relationship. This may also be perceived by the victim (co-worker and may not be true as in your case.) The victim (co-worker) feels hurt /threatened and retaliates through talking loudly as in your case to the rescuer( another colleague) this hurts you and you become the victim and she becomes the persecutor. The game continues on and on and on. Unless you stay out of the game altogether by not buying into the game through guilt or perceived harm etc. Avoid all contact, stay strong if you have done nothing to the other person, then you are not responsible for how they feel. Let them deal with their own feelings and resentments. You are only responsible for you and yours. Good luck and most importantly be yourself and stay out the game.

I wouldn't laugh but just continue to do what you are doing, and more. Keep your skills up to date, take night courses to augment what you already bring to the table (and just to keep yourself from getting bored) and appreciate how fortunate you are that you have good work ethics. In these shaky times, even stellar workers have gotten laid off so don't laugh, just consider yourself blessed that your manager is keeping you working full time, and save your money.

thats funny

Rip their faces off.

You are happy about extra work? =o

Fun..

ya

• yeah i have..they use to say they had more seniority over me.

come on. we know you're screwing the manager!